Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Estimates of deaths associated with seasonal influenza—U.S., 1976–2007.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1057-1062
- Efficacy and effectiveness of influenza vaccines: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Infect Dis. 2012; 12: 36-44
- Immunization of health-care personnel: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2011; 60: 1-45
- Healthy People 2020 summary of objectives: immunization and infectious diseases.USDHHS, Washington DC2010
- Strategies to achieve the Healthy People 2020 annual influenza vaccine coverage goal for health-care personnel: recommendations from the National Vaccine Advisory Committee.Public Health Rep. 2013; 128: 7-25
- Revised SHEA position paper: influenza vaccination of healthcare personnel.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 987-995
- Policy statement—recommendation for mandatory influenza immunization of all health care personnel.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 809-815
- IDSA policy on mandatory immunization of health care workers against seasonal and pandemic influenza.Infections Disease Society of America, Arlington VA2010www.idsociety.org/uploadedFiles/IDSA/Policy_and_Advocacy/Current_Topics_and_Issues/Immunizations_and_Vaccines/Health_Care_Worker_Immunization/Statements/IDSA%20Policy%20on%20Mandatory%20Immunization%20Revision%20083110.pdf
- ACP policy on influenza vaccination of health care workers.Philadelphia PA. American College of Physicians, 2013
- Medicare program; hospital inpatient prospective payment systems for acute care hospitals and the long-term care hospital prospective payment system and FY2012 rates; hospitals’ FTE resident caps for graduate medical education payment; final rule.Federal Register. 2011; 76: 51629-51633
National Quality Forum. Endorsement summary: population health: prevention measures. qualityforum.org/News_And_Resources/Endorsement_Summaries/Endorsement_Summaries.aspx.
- Influenza vaccination for healthcare workers who work with the elderly: systematic review.Vaccine. 2010; 29: 344-356
- Effect of influenza vaccination of health care personnel on morbidity and mortality among patients: systematic review and grading of evidence.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 58: 50-57
- Vaccination of health care workers to protect patients at increased risk for acute respiratory disease.Emerg Infect Dis. 2012; 18: 1225-1234
- Influenza vaccination for healthcare workers who care for people aged 60 or older living in long-term care institutions.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; (CD005187): 7
Immunization Action Coalition. Honor role for patient safety. immunize.org/honor-roll/influenza-mandates.asp.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Methods guide for effectiveness and comparative effectiveness reviews. effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/index.cfm/search-for-guides-reviews-and-reports/?pageaction=displayproduct&productid=318.
University of York Center for Reviews and Dissemination. PROSPERO, International Prospective Register of Systematic Reviews. crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/display_record.asp?ID=CRD42012002913.
- GRADE guidelines: 4. Rating the quality of evidence—study limitations (risk of bias).J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 407-415
- Recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55: 1-16
- Mandatory influenza vaccination of health care workers: translating policy to practice.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 50: 459-464
- Mandatory influenza vaccination of healthcare workers: a 5-year study.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 881-888
- Championing patient safety through mandatory influenza vaccination for all healthcare personnel and affiliated physicians.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 375-379
- Mandatory influenza vaccination of health care workers: a first-year success implementation by a community health care system.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 771-773
- Influenza vaccination as a condition of employment for a large regional health care system.WMJ. 2012; 111: 68-71
- Employee designation and health care worker support of an influenza vaccine mandate at a large pediatric tertiary care hospital.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 1762-1769
- Bronson Methodist Hospital: journey to excellence in quality and safety.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2006; 32: 556-563
- From 51% to 100%: mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 188-190
- Voluntary reporting of employee influenza vaccination rates by acute care hospitals in Iowa: the impact of a four year provider-based statewide performance improvement project.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 3483-3488
- Increases in vaccination coverage of healthcare personnel following institutional requirements for influenza vaccination: a national survey of U.S. hospitals.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 9398-9403
- Hospital policies, state laws, and healthcare worker influenza vaccination rates.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 854-857
- Influenza vaccination rates among pharmacists.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2010; 50: 517-522
- An alternate approach to improving healthcare worker influenza vaccination rates.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2011; 32: 703-705
- A multifaceted mandatory patient safety program and seasonal influenza vaccination of health care workers in community hospitals.JAMA. 2011; 305: 999-1000
- Review: interventions to increase influenza vaccination among healthcare workers in hospitals.Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2013; 7: 604-621
- New approaches for influenza vaccination of healthcare workers.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2011; 24: 363-369
- Influenza in the acute hospital setting.Lancet Infect Dis. 2002; 2: 145-155
- Hospital-onset influenza hospitalizations—U.S., 2010–2011.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 7-11
- Healthcare-associated influenza in Canadian hospitals from 2006 to 2012.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 169-175
- Nosocomial pandemic (H1N1) 2009, United Kingdom, 2009–2010.Emerg Infect Dis. 2011; 17: 592-598
- Hospital-acquired influenza in an Australian sentinel surveillance system.Med J Aust. 2013; 198: 370-372
- Risk of influenza-like illness in an acute health care setting during community influenza epidemics in 2004–2005, 2005–2006, and 2006–2007: a prospective study.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 151-157
CDC. Evaluating influenza vaccine efficacy and effectiveness studies. cdc.gov/flu/professionals/acip/evaluating.htm.
- Requiring influenza vaccination for health care workers.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 24-29
- Successful implementation of a mandatory influenza vaccination program across a 12 hospital system.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: e98-e99
- Mandatory influenza vaccination for 12,750 healthcare workers and physicians in a multi-hospital system.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: e77-e78
- No more Mr. Nice Guy—implementation of mandatory seasonal influenza immunization for all personnel.BMC Proc. 2011; 5: 276
- Implementing a mandatory influenza vaccination program in a university-affiliated teaching hospital.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: e75
- First do no harm—efficacy of influenza vaccine mandate or mask mandate for the healthcare worker.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: e85
- Maryland hospital employee vaccination rates: a comparison of 2010–2011 and 2011–2012 flu season.Maryland Health Care Commission, Baltimore MD2012www.mhcc.maryland.gov/consumerinfo/hospitalguide/hospital_guide/reports/healthcare_associated_infections/HCW.Vaccination.Rate.Comparison.2010-11.and.2011-12.10022012.pdf