Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- 2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action.HHS, Washington, DCSeptember 2012 (http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/reports/national-strategy-suicide-prevention/full-report.pdf)
- Suicide prevention interventions and referral/follow-up services: a systematic review.Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, DC2012
- Suicide prevention strategies: a systematic review.JAMA. 2005; 294: 2064-2074
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Self-harm: longer-term management. (Clinical Guideline CG133). guidance.nice.org.uk/CG133.
- Screening for and treatment of suicide risk relevant to primary care: a systematic review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 741-754
- Cognitive therapy for the prevention of suicide attempts: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2005; 294: 563-570
- Cognitive-behavioural intervention for self-harm: randomized controlled trial.Br J Psychiatry. 2008; 192: 202-211
- Two-year randomized controlled trial and follow-up of dialectical behavior therapy vs therapy by experts for suicidal behaviors and borderline personality disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006; 63: 757-766
- Problem-solving therapy for people who present to hospital with self-harm: Zelen randomised controlled trial.Br J Psychiatry. 2011; 199: 310-316
- Effectiveness of partial hospitalization in the treatment of borderline personality disorder: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Psychiatry. 1999; 156: 1563-1569
- Randomised controlled trial of brief psychological intervention after deliberate self-poisoning.BMJ. 2001; 323: 135-138
- A randomized trial of dialectical behavior therapy versus general psychiatric management for borderline personality disorder.Am J Psychiatry. 2009; 166: 136-174
- Systems training for emotional predictability and problem solving (STEPPS) for outpatients with borderline personality disorder: a randomized controlled trial and 1-year follow-up.Am J Psychiatry. 2008; 165: 468-478
- The effectiveness of cognitive behavior therapy for borderline personality disorder: results from the Borderline Personality Disorder Study of Cognitive Therapy (BOSCOT) trial.J Pers Disord. 2006; 20: 450-465
- Randomized trial of a group therapy for repeated deliberate self-harm in adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2001; 40: 1246-1253
- Multisystemic therapy effects on attempted suicide by youths presenting psychiatric emergencies.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2004; 43: 183-190
- Collaborative assessment and management of suicidality (CAMS): feasibility trial for next-day appointment services.Depress Anxiety. 2011; 28: 963-972
- Comparing cognitive behavior therapy, problem solving therapy, and treatment as usual in a high-risk population.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2009; 39: 538-547
- Attachment-based family therapy for adolescents with suicidal ideation: a randomized controlled trial.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010; 49: 122-131
- Reducing suicidal ideation in depressed older primary care patients.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 1550-1556
- Reducing suicidal ideation and depressive symptoms in depressed older primary care patients: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2004; 291: 1081-1091
- Intervention research with persons at high risk for suicidality: safety and ethical considerations.J Clin Psychiatry. 2001; 62: S17-S26
- Consolidated standards of reporting trials.Ann Intern Med. 2001; 134: 657-662
- Self-directed violence surveillance: uniform definitions and recommended data elements, version 1.0. CDC, Atlanta GA2011 (www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/Self-Directed-Violence-a.pdf)
- The Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale: initial validity and internal consistency findings from three multisite studies with adolescents and adults.Am J Psychiatry. 2011; 168: 1266-1277
- Clozapine treatment for suicidality in schizophrenia: International Suicide Prevention Trial (InterSePT).Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003; 60: 82-91
- Deaths: final data for 1999.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2001; 49: 1-113
CDC, National Center for Injury and Prevention Control. Web-Based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS). webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10_sy.html.