Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, Pub. L. No. 111-3, 123 Stat. 1776 (Jun. 22, 2009).
- Menthol: putting the pieces together.Tob Control. 2011; 20: ii1-ii7
- Application, function, and effects of menthol in cigarettes: a survey of tobacco industry documents.Nicotine Tob Res. 2004; 6: S43-S54
- Preliminary scientific evaluation of the possible public health effects of menthol versus nonmenthol cigarettes.Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring MD2014www.fda.gov/downloads/ScienceResearch/SpecialTopics/PeerReviewofScientificInformationandAssessments/UCM361598.pdf
- Menthol’s potential effects on nicotine dependence: a tobacco industry perspective.Tob Control. 2011; 20: ii29-ii36
- Marketing of menthol cigarettes and consumer perceptions: a review of tobacco industry documents.Tob Control. 2011; 20: ii20-ii28
- Epidemiology of menthol cigarette use in the United States.Tobacco Induc Dis. 2011; 9: S1
- The African Americanization of menthol cigarette use in the United States.Nicotine Tob Res. 2004; 6: S55-S65
- Current tobacco use among adults in the United States: findings from the National Adult Tobacco Survey.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: e93-e100
Lee JG, Griffin GK, Melvin CL. Tobacco use among sexual minorities in the USA, 1987 to May 2007: a systematic review. Tob Control2009;18(4):275–282.
Moodie-Mills AC, Center for American Progress. Flavored disease and death for minorities: why the FDA must ban menthol cigarettes. Center for American Progress. 2011. americanprogress.org/issues/healthcare/report/2011/05/12/9668/flavored-disease-and-death-for-minorities/.
RJ. Reynolds. Project Scum. 1995. legacy.library.ucsf.edu/tid/mum76d00.
- From adversary to target market: the ACT-UP boycott of Philip Morris.Tob Control. 2003; 12: 203-207
- Tobacco use by sexual identity among young adults in the United States.Nicotine Tob. 2013; 15: 1822-1831
National Survey on Drug Use and Health. Use of menthol cigarettes: in brief. The NSDUH report. 2009. www.oas.samhsa.gov/2k9/134/134MentholCigarettes.htm.
- Impact of tobacco control interventions on socioeconomic inequalities in smoking: review of the evidence.Tob Control. 2013; https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051110