Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
CDC. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS). 2013. www.cdc.gov/ncipc/wisqars
- Older adult fall prevention: Perceptions, beliefs, and behaviors.Am J Lifestyle Med. 2010; 4: 16-20
- Opioid drug overdoses: A prescription for harm and potential for prevention.Am J Lifestyle Med. 2010; 10: 32-37
- Intimate partner violence and adverse health consequences: implications for clinicians.Am J Lifestyle Med. 2011; 5: 428-439
- Use of selected clinical preventive services among adults—United States, 2007–2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 1-2
- Patient counseling for unintentional injury prevention.Am J Lifestyle Med. 2010; 4: 38-41
- Application of behavior change theories and methods to injury prevention.Epidemiol Rev. 2003; 25: 65-76
- Summary of the updated American Geriatrics Society/British Geriatrics Society clinical practice guideline for prevention of falls in older persons.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 148-157
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Prevention of falls in community-dwelling older adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 197-204
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Screening for intimate partner violence and abuse of elderly and vulnerable adults: U.S. preventive services task force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 478-486
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111–148, 124 Stat. 119, as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, Pub. L. No. 111–152, 124 Stat. 1029, together referred to as the Affordable Care Act.
DHHS, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Medicare Learning Network. Quick Reference Information: The ABCs of Providing the Annual Wellness Visit. 2014. www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/downloads/AWV_chart_ICN905706.pdf.
- Clinical policy: critical issues in the prescribing of opioids for adult patients in the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2012; 60: 499-525
- Clinical guidelines for the use of chronic opioid therapy in chronic noncancer pain.J Pain. 2009; 10: 113-130
- Interagency guideline on opioid dosing for chronic non-cancer pain: An educational aid to improve care and safety with opioid therapy.Washington Agency Medical Directors’ Group, Washington State2010
- Utah clinical guidelines on prescribing opioids for treatment of pain.Utah Department of Health, Salt Lake City UT2009
- Injury prevention counseling for adults: Have we made progress?.Fam Community Health. 2009; 32: 115-122
- Injury-prevention counseling and behavior among US children: results from the second Injury Control and Risk Survey.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: e958-e965
- HIT and MIS: implications of health information technology and medical information systems.Commun ACM. 2005; 48: 69-74
- Systematic review: impact of health information technology on quality, efficiency, and costs of medical care.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 742-752
- Measuring the impact of a health information exchange intervention on provider-based notifiable disease reporting using mixed methods: a study protocol.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2013; 13: 121
White House, USDHHS. Health information exchange. www.healthit.gov/HIE.
Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Title XIII of Division A and Title IV of Division B of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), Pub. L. No. 111-5, 123 Stat. 226 (Feb. 17, 2009).
- The rise of electronic health record adoption among family physicians.Ann Fam Med. 2013; 11: 14-19
- Improving clinical practice using clinical decision support systems: A systematic review of trials to identify features critical to success.BMJ. 2005; 330: 765-772
- Effect of clinical decision-support systems: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 29-43
- Development of STEADI: a fall prevention resource for health care providers.Health Promot Pract. 2013; 14: 706-714
- Redesign of an electronic clinical reminder to prevent falls in older adults.Med Care. 2013; 51: S37-S43
- An electronic medical record (EMR)-based intervention to reduce polypharmacy and falls in an ambulatory rural elderly population.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 399-404
- Computerized clinical decision support systems for therapeutic drug monitoring and dosing: a decision-maker-researcher partnership systematic review.Implement Sci. 2011; 6: 90
- Meaningful Use Stage 3 may tackle prescription drug abuse.Fierce EMR. 2012;
Standards and Interoperability Framework. PDMP and Health Integration home page. wiki.siframework.org/PDMP+%26+Health+IT+Integration+Homepage.
- Group Health’s initiative to avert opioid misuse and overdose among patients with chronic noncancer pain.Health Aff (Milwood). 2011; 30: 1420-1424
- Collaborative care for chronic pain in primary care: a cluster randomized trial.JAMA. 2009; 301: 1242-1252
- A systematic review on the effectiveness of complementary and alternative medicine for chronic non-specific low-back pain.Eur Spine J. 2010; 19: 1213-1228
- System issues: challenges to intimate partner violence screening and intervention.Clin Nurs Res. 2011; 20: 64-80
American Medical Association. Family and intimate partner violence: www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/about-ama/our-people/house-delegates/policyfinder.page.
- ACOG Committee opinion no. 518: intimate partner violence.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 119: 412-417
- the Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect and the Committee on Injury Violence and Poison Prevention. Intimate partner violence: the role of the pediatrician.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 1094-1100
- Clinical preventive services for women: closing the gaps.National Academies Press, Washington DC2011
- Barriers to screening for intimate partner violence.Women Health. 2012; 52: 587-605
- Listening to survivors’ voices: addressing partner abuse in the health care setting.Violence Against Women. 2002; 8: 687-716
- Rationale for and development of the computerized intimate partner violence screen for primary care.Family Violence Prev Health Pract. 2005; 3: 1-14
- Breaking the barriers: the promise of computer-assisted screening for intimate partner violence.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2008; 53: 496-503
- Computer-assisted screening for intimate partner violence and control: a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 93-102
- Intimate partner violence and emergency department screening: computerized screening versus usual care.Ann Emer Med. 2007; 49: 526-534
- Lowering the threshold for discussions of domestic violence: a randomized controlled trial of computer screening.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1107-1114
- Comparison of screening and referral strategies for exposure to partner violence.Womens Health Issues. 2012; 22: e45-e52
- Approaches to screening for intimate partner violence in health care settings.JAMA. 2006; 296: 530-536
- Increasing discussions of intimate partner violence in prenatal care using video doctor plus cueing: a randomized, controlled trial.Womens Health Issues. 2011; 21: 136-144
- Perinatal violence assessment: teenagers’ rationale for denying violence when asked.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2006; 35: 56-67
- The promise and problems with using information technology to achieve routine screening for intimate partner violence.Family Violence Prev Health Pract. 2005; 3: 1-14
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2011-2012 Eligible Professional Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs). 2011. www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Downloads/CQM_EPs_2012_02_02.pdf.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2014 Physican Quality Reporting System (PQRS): Implementation Guide. 2013. www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/PQRS/MeasuresCodes.html.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2014 Physican Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Measures List. 2013. www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/PQRS/How_To_Get_Started.html.
- Use of an electronic medical record improves the quality of urban pediatric primary care.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 626-632
- What is syndromic surveillance? Syndromic surveillance: reports from a national conference.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 7-11
- PHIN messaging guide for syndromic surveillance: emergency department, urgent care, and inpatient settings. Release 1.9..DHHS, CDC, Atlanta GA2013
- Using an electronic medical record system to describe injury epidemiology and health care utilization at an inner-city hospital in Indiana.Inj Control Saf Promot. 2004; 11: 269-279
Brimmer K. Five ways hospitals can use data analytics. Healthcare IT News 2013, Feb 28. www.healthcareitnews.com/news/5-ways-hospitals-can-use-data-analytics.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/.
- Characteristics of non-fatal abusive head trauma among children in the USA, 2003–2008: application of the CDC operational case definition to national hospital inpatient data.Inj Prev. 2012; 18: 392-398
- The costs of fatal and non-fatal falls among older adults.Inj Prev. 2006; 12: 290-295
- Medical costs and productivity losses due to interpersonal and self-directed violence in the United States.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 474-482
National Association of Public Health Statistics and Information Systems. Electronic death registration systems project. naphsis-web.sharepoint.com/Pages/ElectronicDeathRegistrationSystemsProject.aspx.
- Primary care: is there enough time for prevention?.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 635-641
- Priorities among effective clinical preventive services: results of a systematic review and analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 31: 52-61
- Comparison of domestic violence screening methods: a pilot study.Ann Emerg Med. 1998; 31: 495-501
- In person versus computer screening for intimate partner violence among pregnant patients.Patient Educ Couns. 2012; 88: 443-448