Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults. The adverse childhood experiences (ACE) study.Am J Prev Med. 1998; 14: 245-258
- Adverse childhood experiences and the risk of premature mortality.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 389-396
- Adverse childhood experiences and premature all-cause mortality.Eur J Epidemiol. 2013; 28: 721-734
- Neuroscience, molecular biology, and the childhood roots of health disparities: building a new framework for health promotion and disease prevention.JAMA. 2009; 301: 2252-2259
- Allostasis: a new paradigm to explain arousal pathology.in: Fisher J. Reason J. Handbook on life stress, cognition, and health. John Wiley & Sons Inc, New York NY1988
- Brain on stress: how the social environment gets under the skin.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012; 109: 17180-17185
Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University. The science of neglect: the persistent absence of responsive care disrupts the developing brain: Working paper 12. 2012. www.developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/reports_and_working_papers/working_papers/wp12/.
- Child maltreatment and allostatic load: consequences for physical and mental health in children from low-income families.Dev Psychopathol. 2011; 23: 1107-1124
- Improving the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study Scale.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 70-75