Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Development of a global health curriculum for family medicine based on ACGME competencies.Teach Learn Med. 2014; 26: 174-183https://doi.org/10.1080/10401334.2014.883987
- Global health education in emergency medicine residency programs.J Emerg Med. 2014; 46: 847-852https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2013.11.101
- International exchange programs and U.S. medical schools.Acad Med J Assoc Am Med Coll. 2008; 83: S53-S57https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0b013e318183e351
- The educational effect of clinical rotations in nonindustrialized countries.Fam Med. 1994; 26: 226-231
- The International Health Program: the fifteen-year experience with Yale University’s Internal Medicine Residency Program.Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1999; 61: 1019-1023
- International health training. The Tulane experience.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 1995; 9: 439-443
- Career influence of an international health experience during medical school.Fam Med. 2004; 36: 412-416
- International health and internal medicine residency training: the Duke University experience.Am J Med. 1995; 99: 291-297https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9343(99)80162-4
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2008.08.010
- Global health in general surgery residency: a national survey.J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 208: 426-433https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2008.11.014
- Going global: considerations for introducing global health into family medicine training programs.Fam Med. 2007; 39: 659-665
- Global health in Canadian medical education: current practices and opportunities.Acad Med J Assoc Am Med Coll. 2008; 83: 192-198https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0b013e31816095cd
- U.S. medical specialty global health training and the global burden of disease.J Glob Health. 2013; 3https://doi.org/10.7189/jogh.03.020406
- Evert J. Stewart C. Kevin Chan Rosenberg M. Hall T. Developing Residency Training in Global Health: A Guidebook. Global Health Education Consortium, San Francisco, CA2008
Department of Health and Human Services. Annual report on the Preventive Medicine and Public Health Training Grant Program, Fiscal Year 2010. http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/grants/publichealth/pmr2010report.pdf. Published September 2011. Accessed February 9, 2015
- A successful international child health elective: The University of Colorado Department of Pediatrics’ experience.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 191-196https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.160.2.191
University of Hawaii Family Medicine Residency Program. Recommended Curriculum Guidelines for Family Medicine Residents: Global Health. Leawood, KS: American Academy of Family Physicians; 2012. www.aafp.org/dam/AAFP/documents/medical_education_residency/program_directors/Reprint287_Global.pdf.
American Academy of Pediatrics. Related goals for key topic: international health. Educational guidelines for pediatric residency. 2009. www.academicpeds.org/egwebnew/viewkeytop.cfm?topicid=349. Accessed February 9, 2015.
- International electives at the University of Minnesota Global Pediatric Residency Program: opportunities for education in all Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education competencies.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 245-250https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2012.02.009