Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Impact of influenza exposure on rates of hospital admission and physician visits because of respiratory illness among pregnant women.CMAJ. 2007; 176: 463-468https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.061435
- Monitoring seasonal influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women in the United States.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 207(3): S9-S16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2012.06.069
- Impact of influenza on acute cardiopulmonary hospitalizations in pregnant women.Am J Epidemiol. 1998; 148: 1094-1102https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a009587
CDC. Updated recommendations for obstetric health care providers related to use of antiviral medications in the treatment and prevention of influenza (current for the 2013-2014 season). 2014. www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/antivirals/avrec_ob.htm.
- Prevention and management of influenza in pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol Clin N Am. 2014; 41: 535-546https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ogc.2014.08.002
USDHHS. Pregnant women. www.flu.gov/at-risk/pregnant.
CDC. Flu information for parents with young children. 2011. www.cdc.gov/flu/parents/index.htm.
- Maternal influenza vaccination and effect on influenza virus infection in young infants.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 104-111https://doi.org/10.1001/archpediatrics.2010.192
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Influenza Vaccination During Pregnancy. Washington, DC: Committee Opinion; 2010. Report No.: 468. www.acog.org/Resources-And-Publications/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Obstetric-Practice/Influenza-Vaccination-During-Pregnancy.
- CDC. Influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women—United States, 2012-13 Influenza Season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 787-792
Pew Research Center. Mobile Technology Fact Sheet. Pew Internet: mobile. 2014. www.pewinternet.org/Commentary/2012/February/Pew-Internet-Mobile.aspx.
Pew Research Center. Americans and text messaging. Washington, DC: Pew Internet & American Life Project; 2011. www.pewinternet.org/~/media/Files/Reports/2011/Americans%20and%20Text%20Messaging.pdf.
- Behavior change interventions delivered by mobile telephone short-message service.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: 165-173https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2008.09.040
- Text messaging as a tool for behavior change in disease prevention and management.Epidemiol Rev. 2010; 32: 56-59https://doi.org/10.1093/epirev/mxq004
- Effect of a text messaging intervention on influenza vaccination in an urban, low-income pediatric and adolescent population: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1702-1708https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2012.502
- Influenza vaccine text message reminders for urban, low-income pregnant women: a randomized controlled trial.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e7-e12https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2013.301620
- Improving influenza vaccination rates in pregnancy through text messaging: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 734-740https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e31828642b1
- Text4baby: development and implementation of a national text messaging health information service.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 2207-2213https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2012.300736
- Mobile health evaluation methods: the Text4baby case study.J Health Commun. 2012; 17: 22-29https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2011.649157
- Using text messaging to improve maternal and newborn health.Nurs Womens Health. 2011; 15: 206-212https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1751-486X.2011.01635.x
- Text4baby program: an opportunity to reach underserved pregnant and postpartum women?.Matern Child Health J. 2014; 18: 223-232https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-013-1258-1
- National Survey of Text4baby Participants. 2013;
- Pilot evaluation of the Text4baby mobile health program.BMC Public Health. 2012; 12: 1031https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-12-1031
Text4baby. Text4baby Research and Evaluation. 2014. www.text4baby.org/index.php/about/data-and-evaluation.
- CDC. Influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women—United States, 2011-12 Influenza Season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 758-763
- Pregnant and recently pregnant women’s perceptions about influenza A pandemic (H1N1) 2009: implications for public health and provider communication.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 1657-1664https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-011-0865-y
- CONSORT-EHEALTH: improving and standardizing evaluation reports of web-based and mobile health interventions.J Med Internet Res. 2011; 13: e126https://doi.org/10.2196/jmir.1923
Payne P. Do mHealth apps require randomized controlled trials—panel discusses at mHealth Summit. 2012. www.imedicalapps.com/2012/12/mhealth-apps-require-randomized-controlled-trials-mhealth-summit/.
- Healthcare via cell phones: a systematic review.Telemed J E Health. 2009; 15: 231-240https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2008.0099
- Mobile phone-based interventions for smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 11: CD006611https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD006611.pub3
- A development and evaluation process for mHealth interventions: examples from New Zealand.J Health Commun. 2012; 17: 11-21https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2011.649103
- Does tailoring matter? Meta-analytic review of tailored print health behavior change interventions.Psychol Bull. 2007; 133: 673-693https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.133.4.673
- Tailoring Health Messages: Customizing Communication With Computer Technology. Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ2000
- Teaching Patients With Low Literacy Skills. 2nd ed. J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, PA1996
- Tailored text messaging intervention for HIV adherence: a proof-of-concept study.Health Psychol. 2013; 32: 248-253https://doi.org/10.1037/a0028109
- Influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women—United States, 2011-12 Influenza Season, United States.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 758-763