Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Report of the SAGE Working Group on Vaccine Hesitancy. 2014. http://www.who.int/immunization/sage/meetings/2014/october/1_Report_WORKING_GROUP_vaccine_hesitancy_final.pdf. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Chelsea, MI, Lewis Publishers1990 Industry Risk Communication Manual.
Schwartz B, Yusuf H, Rodewald L, Wright RA, Battaglia M, Huggins V. The National Immunization Survey: Design of a Study on Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices (NIS-KAP). 2000. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nis/miscellaneous/schwartz2000.pdf. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Parental vaccine safety concerns: results from the National Immunization Survey, 2001-2002.Am J Prev Med. 2005; 28: 221-224https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2004.10.014
- Association between health care providers’ influence on parents who have concerns about vaccine safety and vaccination coverage.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e1287-e1292https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2006-0923
- Are parental vaccine safety concerns associated with receipt of measles-mumps-rubella, diphtheria and tetanus toxoids with acellular pertussis, or hepatitis B vaccines by children?.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004; 158: 569-575https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.158.6.569
- Underimmunization among children: effects of vaccine safety concerns on immunization status.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e16-e22https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.114.1.e16
- Validity and reliability of a survey to identify vaccine-hesitant parents.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 6598-6605https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2011.06.115
- Do parents understand immunizations? A national telephone survey.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 1097-1102https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.106.5.1097
- Confidence about vaccines in the United States: understanding parents’ perceptions.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 1151-1159https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2011.0396
- Immunization attitudes and beliefs among parents: beyond a dichotomous perspective.Am J Health Behav. 2005; 29: 81-92https://doi.org/10.5993/AJHB.29.1.7
Washington State Department of Health. School Immunization Status Data Reports. http://www.doh.wa.gov/DataandStatisticalReports/Immunization/SchoolReports. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Parental vaccine refusal in Wisconsin: a case-control study.WMJ. 2009; 108: 17-23
- Factors associated with refusal of childhood vaccines among parents of school-aged children: a case-control study.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 470-476https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.159.5.470
- The association between intentional delay of vaccine administration and timely childhood vaccination coverage.Public Health Rep. 2010; 125: 534-541
- Parental delay or refusal of vaccine doses, childhood vaccination coverage at 24 months of age, and the Health Belief Model.Public Health Rep. 2011; 126: 135-146
- CDC. National, state, and selected local area vaccination coverage among children aged 19-35 months—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 741-748
- Timeliness of childhood vaccinations in the United States: days undervaccinated and number of vaccines delayed.JAMA. 2005; 293: 1204-1211https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.293.10.1204
- Association between undervaccination with diphtheria, tetanus toxoids, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccine and risk of pertussis infection in children 3 to 36 months of age.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 1060-1064https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.2353
- A population-based cohort study of undervaccination in 8 managed care organizations across the United States.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 274-281https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.502
- The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child. Little, Brown and Company, New York2007
- Geographic clusters in underimmunization and vaccine refusal.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: 280-289https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-2715
- Vaccination coverage among children in kindergarten—United States, 2013-14 school year.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 913-920
- Vaccination policies and rates of exemption from immunization, 2005-2011.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1170-1171https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMc1209037
- Geographic clustering of nonmedical exemptions to school immunization requirements and associations with geographic clustering of pertussis.Am J Epidemiol. 2008; 168: 1389-1396https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwn263
- Nonmedical vaccine exemptions and pertussis in California, 2010.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 624-630https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-0878
- The effectiveness of the mumps component of the MMR vaccine: a case control study.Vaccine. 2005; 23: 4070-4074https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2004.10.020
- Vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella in children.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 2: CD004407https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd004407.pub3
- Measles—United States, January 1-May 23, 2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 496-499
- Measles in the United States during the postelimination era.J Infect Dis. 2010; 202: 1520-1528https://doi.org/10.1086/656914
- Invasive Haemophilus influenzae type b disease in five young children—Minnesota, 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009; 58: 58-60
- Parental refusal of varicella vaccination and the associated risk of varicella infection in children.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010; 164: 66-70https://doi.org/10.1001/archpediatrics.2009.244
- Parental decline of pneumococcal vaccination and risk of pneumococcal related disease in children.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 994-999https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2010.11.085
- Health consequences of religious and philosophical exemptions from immunization laws: individual and societal risk of measles.JAMA. 1999; 282: 47-53https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.282.1.47
- Individual and community risks of measles and pertussis associated with personal exemptions to immunizations.JAMA. 2000; 284: 3145-3150https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.284.24.3145
- Parental refusal of pertussis vaccination is associated with an increased risk of pertussis infection in children.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 1446-1451https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2008-2150
- Impact of anti-vaccine movements on pertussis control: the untold story.Lancet. 1998; 351: 356-361https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(97)04334-1
- Measles outbreak—California, December 2014-February 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 20;64: 153-154
- Emerging and continuing trends in vaccine opposition website content.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 1874-1880https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2011.01.003
- Effective messages in vaccine promotion: a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e835-e842https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-2365
- The architecture of provider-parent vaccine discussions at health supervision visits.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 1037-1046https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-2037
- Development of an interactive social media tool for parents with concerns about vaccines.Health Educ Behav. 2015; 42: 302-312https://doi.org/10.1177/1090198114557129
National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC). Recommendations on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Immunization Safety Office Draft 5-Year Scientific Agenda. 2009. http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/nvac/meetings/pastmeetings/2009/nvacrecommendationsisoscientificagenda.pdf. Accessed June 10, 2015.
IOM. No evidence of safety concerns. Jan 16, 2013. http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2013/The-Childhood-Immunization-Schedule-and-Safety/Report-Brief011613.aspx?page=2. Accessed April 23, 2015.
- Protecting public trust in immunization.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 149-153https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2008-0987
- Addressing the vaccine confidence gap.Lancet. 2011; 378: 526-535https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60678-8
National Vaccine Advisory Committee. Draft White Paper on the Unites States Vaccine Safety System. September 2011. http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/nvac/nvac_vswp.pdf. Accessed April 23, 2015.
National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC). H1N1 Vaccine Safety Risk Assessment Working Group (VSRAWG). January 31, 2012. http://www.hhs.gov/nvpo/nvac/reports/vsrawg_report_january_2012.pdf. Accessed April 23, 2015.