Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Economic evaluation of the routine childhood immunization program in the United States, 2009.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: 577https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-0698
- Human papillomavirus vaccination coverage among adolescents, 2007–2013, and postlicensure vaccine safety monitoring, 2006–2014—United States.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 620-624
CDC. Flu vaccination coverage, United States, 2013-14 influenza season. www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1314estimates.htm. Published September 18, 2014. Accessed August 12, 2015.
- Vaccination coverage among adults, excluding influenza vaccination—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 95-102
- Influenza vaccination coverage among health care personnel—United States, 2013–14 influenza season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 805-811
- Influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women—United States, 2013–14 influenza season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 816-821
- Immunization of health-care personnel: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1-45
- Student vaccination requirements of U.S. health professional schools: a survey.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 391-400https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-154-6-201103150-00004
- Barriers to adult immunization.Am J Med. 2008; 121: S28-S35https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2008.05.005
- History and evolution of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices—United States, 1964-2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 955-958
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP); ACIP Adult Immunization Work Group. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommended immunization schedule for adults aged 19 years or older: United States, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 91-92https://doi.org/10.7326/M14-2755
- Influenza vaccination as secondary prevention for cardiovascular disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006; 48: 1498-1502https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2006.09.004
- 2013 IDSA clinical practice guideline for vaccination of the immunocompromised host.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 58: 309-318https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cit816
- Guidelines for preventing infectious complications among hematopoietic cell transplantation recipients: a global perspective.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15: 1143-1238https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbmt.2009.06.019
- Developing the guide to community preventive services—overview and rationale.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18(1): 18-26https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(99)00124-5
National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. Call to action: adult vaccination saves lives. www.adultvaccination.org/resources/cta-adult.pdf. Published March 2012. Accessed July 2, 2015.
- Vaccine responsiveness in the elderly: best practice for the clinic.Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014; 13: 885-894https://doi.org/10.1586/14760584.2014.924403
- Efficacy of an adjuvanted herpes zoster subunit vaccine in older adults.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2087-2096https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1501184
- Influenza-associated hospitalizations in the United States.JAMA. 2004; 292: 1333-1340https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.292.11.1333
- Estimates of deaths associated with seasonal Influenza—United States, 1976-2007.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1057-1062
- Effectiveness and cost-benefit of influenza vaccination of healthy working adults: A randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2000; 284: 1655-1663https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.284.13.1655
- Influenza illness and hospitalizations averted by influenza vaccination in the United States, 2005-2011.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e66312https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0066312
- Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)—United States, 2014-15 influenza season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 691
- Influenza-associated deaths among children in the United States, 2003–2004.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 2559-2567https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa051721
- The burden of influenza in young children, 2004-2009.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 207-216https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2012-1255
- Vaccines and pregnancy: past, present, and future.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014; 19: 161-169https://doi.org/10.1016/j.siny.2013.11.014
- Effectiveness of maternal influenza immunization in mothers and infants.N Engl J Med. 2008; 359: 1555-1564https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0708630
- Neonatal outcomes after influenza immunization during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial.CMAJ. 2012; 184: 645-653https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.110754
- Impact of maternal immunization on influenza hospitalizations in infants.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 204: S141-S148https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2011.02.042
- A population-based study of the incidence and complication rates of herpes zoster before zoster vaccine introduction.Mayo Clin Proc. 2007; 82: 1341-1349https://doi.org/10.4065/82.11.1341
- A vaccine to prevent herpes zoster and postherpetic neuralgia in older adults.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 2271-2284https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa051016
- Update on recommendations for use of herpes zoster vaccine.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 729-731
- Prevention of hepatitis A through active or passive immunization: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55: 1-23
- A comprehensive immunization strategy to eliminate transmission of hepatitis B virus infection in the United States: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Part II: immunization of adults.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55: 1-25
- The prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection in the United States in the era of vaccination.J Infect Dis. 2010; 202: 192-201https://doi.org/10.1086/653622
- Use of hepatitis B vaccination for adults with diabetes mellitus: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1709-1711
- Use of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine for adults with immunocompromising conditions: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 816-819
- Use of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine among adults aged ≥65 years: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 822-825
CDC. Active Bacterial Core Surveillance (ABCs): Emerging Infections Program Network. Unpublished data (2013). Atlanta, GA: USDHHS, CDC; 2013. www.cdc.gov/abcs/reports-findings/survreports/spneu13.html. Accessed August 12, 2015.
- Polysaccharide conjugate vaccine against pneumococcal pneumonia in adults.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 1114-1125https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1408544
- Vaccines for preventing pneumococcal infection in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013; 1: CD000422https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd000422.pub3
- The cost-effectiveness of human papillomavirus vaccine catch-up programs for women.J Infect Dis. 2015; 211: 172-174https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jiu414
- Early direct and indirect impact of quadrivalent HPV (4HPV) vaccine on genital warts: a systematic review.Adv Ther. 2015; 32: 10-30https://doi.org/10.1007/s12325-015-0178-4
- Human papillomavirus vaccination: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2014; 63: 1-30
- Whooping cough in 2014 and beyond: an update and review.Chest. 2014; 146: 205-214https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.13-2942
- A case-control study to estimate the effectiveness of maternal pertussis vaccination in protecting newborn infants in England and Wales, 2012-2013.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 60: 333-337https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciu821
- Measles outbreak—California, December 2014–February 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 153-154
- Update: mumps outbreak—New York and New Jersey, June 2009–January 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 125-129
- Herpes zoster knowledge, prevalence, vaccination rate by race.J Am Board Fam Med. 2013; 26: 45-51https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2013.01.120154
- Barriers to influenza immunization in a low-income urban population.Am J Prev Med. 2001; 20: 21-25https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(00)00263-4
- Factors associated with vaccination of Medicare beneficiaries in five U.S. communities: results from the racial and ethnic adult disparities in immunization initiative survey, 2003.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54: 303-310https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2005.00585.x
National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. Patient and physician perspectives on adult immunization survey, 2010. www.adultvaccination.org/newsroom/events/2010-cdc-vaccination-rates-news-conference/2010-survey-backgrounder.pdf. Accessed February 23, 2015.
- Impact of health insurance status on vaccination coverage among adult populations.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 48: 647-661https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2014.12.008
- Vaccination benefits and cost-sharing policy for non-institutionalized adult Medicaid enrollees in the United States.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 618-623https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2013.11.050
- U.S. physicians’ perspective of adult vaccine delivery.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 161-171https://doi.org/10.7326/M13-2332
Hoadley J, Summer L, Hargrave E, Cubanski J, Neuman T. Medicare Part D in its ninth year: the 2014 marketplace and key trends, 2006-2014. Kaiser Family Foundation. http://kff.org/medicare/report/medicare-part-d-in-its-ninth-year-the-2014-marketplace-and-key-trends-2006-2014/. Accessed August 12, 2015.
U.S. Government Accountability Office. Medicare: many factors including administrative challenges, affect access to part D vaccinations. 2011 report GAO 12-61. www.gao.gov/assets/590/587009.pdf. Published December 15, 2011. Accessed June 11, 2015.
- Interventions that increase use of adult immunization and cancer screening services: a meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 136: 641-651https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-136-9-200205070-00006
Guide to Community Preventive Services. Increasing appropriate vaccination. www.thecommunityguide.org/vaccines/index.html. Last updated: February 13, 2015. Accessed August 12, 2015.
- Knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours of older adults about pneumococcal immunization, a Public Health Agency of Canada/Canadian Institutes of Health Research Influenza Research Network (PCIRN) investigation.BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: 442https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-14-442
- National and state-specific estimates of place of influenza vaccination among adult populations—United States, 2011-12 influenza season.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 3198-3204https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.04.003
- Vaccinations administered during off-clinic hours at a national community pharmacy: implications for increasing patient access and convenience.Ann Fam Med. 2013; 11: 429-436https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1542
- Immunization information systems: a decade of progress in law and policy.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015; 21: 296-303https://doi.org/10.1097/PHH.0000000000000040
- Recommendations from the National Vaccine Advisory Committee: standards for adult immunization practice.Public Health Rep. 2014; 129: 115-123
- Immunization information systems to increase vaccination rates: a community guide systematic review.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015; 21: 227-248https://doi.org/10.1097/PHH.0000000000000069
Indian Health Service. Health issues: vaccine-preventable diseases reports. www.ihs.gov/epi/index.cfm?module=epi_vaccine_reports. Accessed June 11,2015.
- Using information technology to improve adult immunization delivery in an integrated urban health system.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2012; 38: 15-23
- Primary care: is there enough time for prevention?.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 635-641https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.93.4.635