Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Vaccines against influenza WHO position paper—November 2012.Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2012; 87: 461-476
WHO. Influenza: fact sheets. www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/2003/fs211/en/. Accessed January 15, 2015.
- The annual impact of seasonal influenza in the U.S.: measuring disease burden and costs.Vaccine. 2007; 25: 5086-5096https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2007.03.046
- Hospital-based influenza surveillance in Korea: hospital-based influenza morbidity and mortality study group.J Med Virol. 2013; 85: 910-917https://doi.org/10.1002/jmv.23548
- Influenza-related hospitalizations among children in Hong Kong.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 2097-2103https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa020546
- Influenza-associated mortality in Hong Kong.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 39: 1611-1617https://doi.org/10.1086/425315
- Mortality due to influenza in the United States—an annualized regression approach using multiple-cause mortality data.Am J Epidemiol. 2006; 163: 181-187https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwj024
- Estimates of US influenza-associated deaths made using four different methods.Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2009; 3: 37-49https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-2659.2009.00073.x
- Estimating influenza-associated deaths in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: S225-S230https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2008.151944
Muscatello DJ, Cretikos MA, Macintyre CR. All-cause mortality during first wave of pandemic (H1N1) 2009, New South Wales, Australia, 2009. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16(9):1396–1402. http://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid1609.091723.
- Elevated influenza-related excess mortality in South African elderly individuals, 1998-2005.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 51: 1362-1369https://doi.org/10.1086/657314
- Predicting the epidemic sizes of influenza A/H1N1, A/H3N2, and B: a statistical method.PLoS Med. 2011; 8: e1001051https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001051
- Comparing pandemic to seasonal influenza mortality: moderate impact overall but high mortality in young children.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e31197https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0031197
- Global mortality estimates for the 2009 Influenza Pandemic from the GLaMOR project: a modeling study.PLoS Med. 2013; 10: e1001558https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1001558
- Circulating influenza virus, climatic factors, and acute myocardial infarction: a time series study in England and Wales and Hong Kong.J Infect Dis. 2011; 203: 1710-1718https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jir171
- Improving the estimation of influenza-related mortality over a seasonal baseline.Epidemiology. 2012; 23: 829-838https://doi.org/10.1097/EDE.0b013e31826c2dda
- Excess mortality associated with influenza A and B virus in Hong Kong, 1998-2009.J Infect Dis. 2012; 206: 1862-1871https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jis628
- Mortality burden of the A/H1N1 pandemic in Mexico: a comparison of deaths and years of life lost to seasonal influenza.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 53: 985-993https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cir644
- Mortality burden of the 2009 A/H1N1 influenza pandemic in France: comparison to seasonal influenza and the A/H3N2 pandemic.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e45051https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0045051
- Influenza-associated excess mortality in southern Brazil, 1980-2008.Epidemiol Infect. 2013; 141: 1731-1740https://doi.org/10.1017/S0950268812002221
- Excess mortality associated with influenza epidemics in Portugal, 1980 to 2004.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e20661https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0020661
- Excess mortality related to seasonal influenza and extreme temperatures in Denmark, 1994-2010.BMC Infect Dis. 2011; 11: 350https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2334-11-350
- Influenza-associated mortality in temperate and subtropical Chinese cities, 2003-2008.Bull World Health Organ. 2012; 90: 279-288bhttps://doi.org/10.2471/BLT.11.096958
- Influenza associated mortality in the subtropics and tropics: results from three Asian cities.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 8909-8914https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2011.09.071
- Estimating influenza-associated mortality in New Zealand from 1990 to 2008.Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2015; 9: 14-19https://doi.org/10.1111/irv.12292
Korean Statistical Information Service (KOSIS). Statistical Database. Korea Statistics.
- Influenza infection and COPD.Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2007; 2: 55-64https://doi.org/10.2147/copd.2007.2.1.55
- Influenza and the winter increase in mortality in the United States, 1959-1999.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 492-502https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwh227
- Influenza-related deaths—available methods for estimating numbers and detecting patterns for seasonal and pandemic influenza in Europe.Euro Surveill. 2012; 17
Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). Influenza Weekly/Annual Report. www.cdc.go.kr/CDC/info/CdcKrInfo0402.jsp?menuIds=HOME001-MNU1132-MNU1138-MNU0045. Accessed May 30, 2014.
Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). Disease Web Statistics System: Weekly ILI Rate. http://is.cdc.go.kr/dstat/jsp/stat/stat0101.jsp. Accessed May 30, 2014.
Korea Meteorological Administration (KMA). Archive of daily weather. www.kma.go.kr/weather/climate/past_table.jsp. Accessed June 2, 2014.
- Absolute humidity modulates influenza survival, transmission, and seasonality.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009; 106: 3243-3248https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0806852106
- Absolute humidity, temperature, and influenza mortality: 30 years of county-level evidence from the United States.Am J Epidemiol. 2012; 176: S114-S122https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kws259
- Comparison of infection rats and severity of illness for influenza A subtypes H1N1 and H3N2.J Infect Dis. 1985; 151: 73-80https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/151.1.73
- Estimates of deaths associated with seasonal influenza—United States, 1976-2007.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1057-1062
Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). Analysis of reported pandemic influenza (A/H1N1 2009) virus infections in Korea. KCDC, 2010.
- The spread of pandemic H1N1 2009 by age and region and the comparison among monitoring tools.J Korean Med Sci. 2010; 25: 1109-1112https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2010.25.7.1109
Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). 2009-2010 Influenza A(H1N1) vaccination program in Korea. KCDC, 2010.
- Preliminary estimates of mortality and years of life lost associated with the 2009 A/H1N1 pandemic in the U.S. and comparison with past influenza seasons.PLoS Curr. 2010; 2: RRN1153https://doi.org/10.1371/currents.RRN1153
Lozano R, Murray CJL, Lopez AD, Satoh T. Miscoding and misclassification of ischaemic heart disease mortality. WHO; 2001.
- Death certificate coding practices related to diabetes in European countries—the “EURODIAB Subarea C” Study.Int J Epidemiol. 1992; 21: 343-351https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/21.2.343
Noymer A, Nguyen AM. Influenza as a proportion of pneumonia mortality: United States, 1959-2009, Biodemogr Soc Biol. 2013;59(2):178–190. 10.1080/19485565.2013.833816.
Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). Influenza management guideline (2013-2014), 2013.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). OECD StatExtracts: health status. http://stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?DataSetCode=HEALTH_STAT. Accessed January 29, 2015.