Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Pertussis epidemic—Washington, 2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 517-522
CDC. Pertussis outbreak trends. www.cdc.gov/pertussis/outbreaks/trends.html. Accessed January 8, 2015.
- Barriers to early uptake of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) among adults-United States, 2005-2007.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 3850-3856https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2011.03.058
- Non-influenza vaccination coverage among adults.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 95-102
- Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adults: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine—recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and recommendation of ACIP, supported by the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC), for use of Tdap among health-care personnel.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55: 1-33
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 13-15
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine in adults aged 65 years and older from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 468-470
CDC. BRFSS: overview—BRFSS 2013. www.cdc.gov/brfss/annual_data/2013/pdf/Overview_2013.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2015.
- Methodological changes in the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System in 2011 and potential effects on prevalence estimates.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 410-413
CDC. BRFSS—2013 summary data quality report. www.cdc.gov/brfss/annual_data/2013/pdf/2013_DQR.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2015.
- Tetanus and pertussis vaccination coverage among adults aged ≥18 years—United States, 1999 and 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1302-1306
CDC. Vaccines and immunizations: tetanus. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/surv-manual/chpt16-tetanus.html. Accessed January 6, 2015.
- Tetanus surveillance—United States, 2001—2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 365-369
CDC. Statistics and surveillance: 2009 adult vaccination coverage, the National Health Interview Survey (NHIS). www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/nhis/2009-nhis.html. Accessed January 15, 2015.
- Adult vaccination coverage, United States, 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 66-72
- Non-influenza vaccination coverage among adults—United States, 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 66-72
- Noninfluenza vaccination coverage among adults—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 95-102
- State health department structure and pandemic planning.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2010; 16: E1-E7https://doi.org/10.1097/PHH.0b013e3181b83475
- State trends in health risk factors and receipt of clinical preventive services among U.S. adults during the 1990s.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2659-2667https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.287.20.2659
- State and sex specific prevalence of selected characteristics—Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1996 and 1997.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 2000; 49: 1-39
- Surveillance for certain health behaviors among selected local areas—United States, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2011.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 2014; 63: 1-149
- Surveillance of influenza vaccination coverage—United States, 2007-08 through 2011-12 influenza seasons.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013; 62: 1-29
Guide to Community Preventive Services. www.thecommunityguide.org/index.html. Accessed August 8, 2015.
- Predictors of tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccination among adults receiving tetanus vaccine in the United States: data from the 2008 national health interview survey.J Prim Care Community Health. 2013; 4: 95-100https://doi.org/10.1177/2150131912455428
- Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis vaccination coverage before, during, and after pregnancy—16 States and New York City, 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 522-526
- National and state vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 625-633
- Racial/ethnic differences in adult vaccination among individuals with diabetes.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 324-329https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.93.2.324
- No racial differences in response to standardized offer of influenza vaccination: a Metronet study.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 346-351https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00401.x
- Hepatitis B vaccination coverage among high-risk adults 18-49 years, U.S., 2009.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 7049-7057https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2011.07.030
- Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccination among adults aged 25-64 years with asthma—United States, 2010.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 41: 619-626https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2011.08.004
- Uptake of pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccination among working-age adults with underlying medical conditions, United States, 2009.Am J Epidemiol. 2012; 175: 827-837https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwr376
- Intermittent lack of health insurance coverage and use of preventive services.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 130-137https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.93.1.130
- Closing the divide: how medical homes promote equity in health care—results from the Commonwealth Fund 2006 Health Care Quality Survey.The Commonwealth Fund, New York, NYMarch 31, 2015 (http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2007/jun/closing-the-divide--how-medical-homes-promote-equity-in-health-care--results-from-the-commonwealth-f. Accessed March 31, 2015)
- Impact of health insurance status on vaccination coverage among adult populations.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 48: 647-661https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2014.12.008
- Validation of self-reported pneumococcal vaccination in Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance surveys: experience from the Sickness Prevention Achieved Through Regional Collaboration (SPARC) program.Vaccine. 2005; 23: 1015-1020https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2004.07.039
- Self-report compared to electronic medical record across eight adult vaccines: do results vary by demographic factors?.Vaccine. 2013; 31: 3928-3935https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2013.06.041
- Standards for adult immunization practice.Am J Prev Med. 2003; 25: 144-150https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(03)00120-X
- Assessing state immunization requirements for healthcare workers and patients.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32 (4594–4565)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2007.02.009
- Recommendations from the National Vaccine Advisory Committee: standards for adult immunization practice.Public Health Rep. 2014; 129: 115-123
111th Congress. Public Law 111–148—March. 23, 2010. 124 STAT. 119 (H.R. 3590). An act entitled: the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ148/pdf/PLAW-111publ148.pdf. Accessed September 5, 2013.
- Promoting prevention through the Affordable Care Act.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1296-1299https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp1008560