- Hartig T.
- Mitchell R.
- de Vries S.
- Frumkin H.
- Karjalainen E.
- Sarjala T.
- Raitio H.
- Shanahan D.F.
- Fuller R.A.
- Bush R.
- Lin B.B.
- Gaston K.J.
- Elmqvist T.
- Setala H.
- Handel S.N.
- et al.
- Daniel T.C.
- Muhar A.
- Arnberger A.
- et al.
Ecosystems and Human Well-Being-Health Synthesis: A Report of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Nature and health.Annu Rev Public Health. 2014; 35: 207-228https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-publhealth-032013-182443
- Promoting human health through forests: overview and major challenges.Environ Health Prev Med. 2010; 15: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1007/s12199-008-0069-2
- The health benefits of urban nature: how much do we need?.BioSci. 2015; 65: 476-485https://doi.org/10.1093/biosci/biv032
- Benefits of restoring ecosystem services in urban areas.Curr Opin Environ Sustain. 2015; 14: 101-108https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cosust.2015.05.001
- Contributions of cultural services to the ecosystem services agenda.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012; 109: 8812-8819https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1114773109
- Ecosystems and Human Well-Being-Health Synthesis: A Report of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment.WHO, Geneva2005
- Metro nature, environmental health, and economic value.Environ Health Persp. 2015; 123: 390-398https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1408216
- Association of available parkland, physical activity, and overweight in American’s largest cities.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2012; 18: 423-430https://doi.org/10.1097/PHH.0b013e318238ea27
- Role of built environments in physical activity, obesity, and cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2012; 125: 729-737https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.110.969022
- Does participating in physical activity in outdoor natural environments have a greater effect on physical and mental wellbeing than physical activity indoors? A systematic review.Environ Science Technol. 2011; 45: 1761-1772https://doi.org/10.1021/es102947t
- Neighborhood urban form, social environment, and depression.J Urban Health. 2011; 89: 1-18https://doi.org/10.1007/s11524-011-9621-2
- Neighborhood green, social support, physical activity, and stress: assessing the cumulative impact.Health Place. 2011; 17: 1202-1211https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2011.08.008
- Improving Human Health by Increasing Access to Natural Areas: Linking Research to Action at Scale (Report of the 2014 Berkeley Workshop).Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, New Haven, CT2015
- Changes in the global value of ecosystem services.Glob Environ Change. 2014; 26: 152-158https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2014.04.002
- The relationship between trees and human health: evidence from the spread of the Emerald Ash Borer.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 139-145https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2012.09.066
- Human health impacts of ecosystem alteration.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013; 110: 18753-18760https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1218656110
- Approaching environmental health disparities and green spaces: an ecosystem services perspective.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015; 12: 1952-1968https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph120201952
- Public health ecology.J Environ Health. 2010; 72: 53-55
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Eco-Health Relationship Browser. http://enviroatlas.epa.gov/enviroatlas/Tools/EcoHealth_RelationshipBrowser/introduction.html. Published 2014. Accessed July 20, 2015.
- Linking ecosystem services and human health: the Eco-Health Relationship Browser.Int J Public Health. 2013; 58: 747-755https://doi.org/10.1007/s00038-013-0482-1
- Effect of exposure to natural environment on health inequalities: an observational population study.Lancet. 2008; 372: 1655-1660https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(08)61689-X
Institute at the Golden Gate. Park prescriptions: profiles and resources for good health from the great outdoors. www.parksconservancy.org/assets/programs/igg/pdfs/park-prescriptions-2010.pdf. Published 2010.
- Just what the doctor ordered: Using parks to improve children’s health.Environmental Health Perspectives. 2015; 123 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1289/ehp.123-A254): A254-A259