Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Monitoring the Future National Results on Adolescent Drug Use: Overview of Key Findings, 2014.Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI2015
- Tobacco use among middle and high school students—United States, 2011–2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64 (Accessed August 10, 2015): 381-385
- Tobacco use among middle and high school students—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63 (Accessed June 22, 2015): 1021-1026
Monitoring the Future. Table 1. Trends in prevalence of use of cigarettes in Grades 8, 10, and 12. www.monitoringthefuture.org/data/14data/14tobtbl1.pdf. Accessed August 10, 2015.
- E-cigarette use among high school and middle school adolescents in Connecticut.Nicotine Tob Res. 2014; 17: 810-818https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntu243
- Nicotine and the developing human: a neglected element in the electronic cigarette debate.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 49: 286-293https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2015.01.015
- Association of electronic cigarette use with initiation of combustible tobacco smoking in early adolescence.JAMA. 2015; 314: 700-707https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.8950
- Progression to traditional cigarette smoking after electronic cigarette use among U.S. adolescents and young adults.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 1018-1023https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2015.1742
- Risk factors for exclusive e-cigarette use and dual e-cigarette use and tobacco use in adolescents.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e43-e51https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-0760
- E-cigarette use and willingness to smoke: a sample of adolescent non-smokers.Tob Control. 2015; (In press. Online August 10, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2015-052349)
- Monitoring the Future National Survey Results on Drug Use, 1975–2014: Volume I, Secondary School Students.Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI2015Accessed November 7, 2015)
- How to define e-cigarette prevalence? Finding clues in the use frequency distribution.Tob Control. 2015; (In press. Online June 17, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2015-052236)
- Assessment of factors affecting the validity of self-reported health-risk behavior among adolescents: evidence from the scientific literature.J Adolesc Health. 2003; 33: 436-457https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-139X(03)00052-1
- Cigarette smoking—United States, 2006-2008 and 2009-2010.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013; 62: 81-84
- E-Cigarette use and subsequent tobacco use by adolescents: new evidence about a potential risk of e-cigarettes.JAMA. 2015; 314: 673-674https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.8382
- Youth experimentation with e-cigarettes: another interpretation of the data.JAMA. 2014; 312: 641-642https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2014.6894
- Safety evaluation and risk assessment of electronic cigarettes as tobacco cigarette substitutes: a systematic review.Ther Adv Drug Saf. 2014; 5: 67-86https://doi.org/10.1177/2042098614524430
- How does electronic cigarette access affect adolescent smoking?.J Health Econ. 2015; 44: 300-308https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhealeco.2015.10.003
- The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General.USDHHS, CDC, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2014Accessed August 10, 2015)
- Why e-cigarettes are dividing the public health community.BMJ. 2015; 350: h3317https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h3317
McNeill A, Brose LS, Calder R, Hitchman SC, Hajek P, McRobbie H. E-cigarettes: an evidence update. A report commissioned by Public Health England. PHE publications gateway number: 2015260. Published August 2015. www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/454516/Ecigarettes_an_evidence_update_A_report_commissioned_by_Public_Health_England.pdf. Accessed August 19, 2015.
- Evidence about electronic cigarettes: a foundation built on rock or sand?.BMJ. 2015; 351: h4863https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h4863