Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Trends and Opportunities for Investment in Student Health and Success: Findings from the 2013–14 Census of School-Based Health Centers.School-Based Health Alliance, Washington, DC2016
- 2010-2011 Census Report of School-Based Health Centers.School Based Health Alliance, Washington, DC2012
- School-based health centers in an era of health care reform: building on history.Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2012; 42: 132-156https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cppeds.2012.03.002
U.S. DHHS. The Affordable Care Act and the School-Based Health Center Capital Program. http://www.hhs.gov/healthcare/facts-and-features/fact-sheets/aca-and-the-school-based-health-center-capital-program/index.html. Published 2011. Accessed December 14, 2015.
- School-based health clinics: remaining viable in a changing health care delivery system.Annu Rev Public Health. 1997; 18: 567-587https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.publhealth.18.1.567
- Many emergency department visits could be managed at urgent care centers and retail clinics.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 1630-1636https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2009.0748
- Revisiting Emergency Department Use in Medicaid.Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission, Washington, DC2014
Akinbami LJ, Moorman JE, Bailey C, et al. Trends in asthma prevalence, health care use, and mortality in the United States, 2001–2010. NCHS Data Brief, No. 94. www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db94.pdf. Published 2012. Accessed September 16, 2015.
- School-based health centers to advance health equity: a Community Guide systematic review.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: 114-126
The World Bank. Country and lending groups. data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups. Published 2015. Accessed June 3, 2015.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer price index. data.bls.gov/pdq/querytool.jsp?survey=cu. Published 2015. Accessed July 14, 2015.
- School-based clinics combat teen pregnancy.Contracept Technol Update. 1985; 6: 53-57
- An elementary school-based health clinic: can it reduce Medicaid costs?.Pediatr. 2000; 105: 780-788https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.105.4.780
- An Evaluation Study of School-Based Clinics in California: Major Findings, 1986–1991.University of California, San Francisco, Center for Reproductive Health Policy Research, San Francisco, CA1993
- School-based health clinics: a new approach to preventing adolescent pregnancy?.Fam Plann Perspect. 1985; 17: 70-75https://doi.org/10.2307/2135263
- School-based health clinics: three years of experience.Fam Plann Perspect. 1988; 20: 193-200https://doi.org/10.2307/2135800
- School-based health centers: a review.Int Pediatr. 1995; 10: 286-291
- The school-linked health center: a promising model of community-based care for adolescents.J Adolesc Health. 1998; 23: 29-38https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-139X(98)00012-3
- School-Based Health Care and the District of Columbia Safety Net.DC Primary Care Association, Washington, DC2004
- Impact of school-based health centers on children with asthma.J Adolesc Health. 2005; 37: 266-274https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2004.09.006
- School-based health centers: cost-benefit analysis and impact on health care disparities.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1617-1623https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.2009.185181
Horton JM, Lima-Negron J, New York State Coalition for School-Based Health Centers. School-based health centers: expanding the knowledge and vision. www.hfwcny.org/Tools/BroadCaster/Upload/Project45/Docs/School_Based_Health_Centers_July_2009.pdf. Published 2009. Accessed December 29, 2015.
McKinney DH, Peak DL. School-based and school-linked health centers, update 1993.www.sbh4all.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/1993-Census-Report.pdf. Accessed December 29, 2015.
- Healthcare goes to school with kids in Denver County.Mod Healthc. 1998; 28 (54): 52
- Planning and sustaining a school-based health center: cost and revenue findings from Oregon.Public Health Rep. 2008; 123: 751-760
- Making the Cost-Savings Case for School-Based Health Centers: SBHCs Avoid Unnecessary Emergency Department Visits, Contribute to Reduction in State Health Care Spending.Massachusetts Association of SBHCs, Boston, MA2012
- Current status of state policies that support school-based health centers.Public Health Rep. 2008; 123: 731-738
- Evaluation of school-based, high school health services.J Sch Health. 1987; 57: 323-325https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1746-1561.1987.tb03211.x
- Making the case for school-based health: where do we stand?.J Health Polit Policy Law. 2008; 33: 3-37https://doi.org/10.1215/03616878-2007-045
- School Based Health Centers.Children’s Aid Society, New York2012
Tereszkiewicz L, Brindis C. School-based clinics offer health care to teens. Youth Law News. 1986.
- Perspectives in economic evaluation.BMJ. 1998; 316: 1529-1530https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.316.7143.1529
Guo JJ, Jang R, Cluxton RJ. Final report: Evaluation of healthcare costs and utilization among Medicaid recipients in schools with school-based health centers. www.interactforhealth.org/docs/SBHC%20Study--Cost%20Study%20Full%20Report.pdf. Published 2005. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Kids Having Kids: Economic Costs and Social Consequences of Teen Pregnancy.The Urban Insitute, Washington, DC2008
- The impact of school-based health centers on the health outcomes of middle school and high school students.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1604-1610https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2009.183590
☆Names and affiliations of Community Preventive Services Task Force members can be found at: http://www.thecommunityguide.org/about/task-force-members.html