Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
White House Office of National AIDS Policy. National HIV/AIDS strategy for the United States: updated to 2020. https://aids.gov/federal-resources/national-hiv-aids-strategy/nhas-update.pdf. Published 2015. Accessed September 15, 2015.
- Diagnoses of HIV Infection in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2013.CDC, Atlanta, GA2015
- HIV in young men who have sex with men: a review of epidemiology, risk and protective factors, and interventions.J Sex Res. 2011; 48: 218-253https://doi.org/10.1080/00224499.2011.558645
- Compendium of Evidence-Based Interventions and Best Practices for HIV Prevention.CDC, Atlanta, GA2015
- Legal barriers to adolescent participation in research about HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: 40-44https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2015.302940
- Medical decision making by and on behalf of adolescents: reconsidering first principles.J. Health Care Law Policy. 2012; 15: 37-73
- Tailored combination prevention packages and PrEP for young key populations.J Int AIDS Soc. 2015; 18(2): 19434https://doi.org/10.7448/IAS.18.2.19434
- Youth-specific considerations in the development of preexposure prophylaxis, microbicide, and vaccine research trials.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2010; 54: S31-S42https://doi.org/10.1097/QAI.0b013e3181e3a922
New York State Department of Health. 2015 Blueprint for achieving the goal set forth by Governor Cuomo to end the epidemic in New York State by the end of 2020. Published March 30, 2015. www.health.ny.gov/diseases/aids/ending_the_epidemic/docs/blueprint.pdf. Accessed March 7, 2016.
- Ethical and regulatory issues with conducting sexuality research with LGBT adolescents: a call to action for a scientifically informed approach.Arch Sex Behav. 2011; 40: 673-686https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-011-9745-1
- Self-consent for HIV prevention research involving sexual and gender minority youth: reducing barriers through evidence-based ethics.J Empirical Res Human Res Ethics. 2016; 11: 1-12
- Reducing health disparities and enhancing the responsible conduct of research involving LGBT youth.Hastings Cent Rep. 2014; 44: S28-S31https://doi.org/10.1002/hast.367
- Adolescent self-consent for biomedical human immunodeficiency virus prevention research.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 57: 113-119https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2015.03.017
Secretary’s Advisory Committee for Human Research Protections. Meeting presentations and reports (April 18–19; November 1). 2005. www.hhs.gov/ohrp/archive/sachrp/mtgings/mtg04-05/mtg04-05.htm. Accessed March 20, 2015.
- Does recent research on adolescent brain development inform the mature minor doctrine?.J Med Philos. 2013; 38: 256-267https://doi.org/10.1093/jmp/jht017
- Ethical approaches to adolescent participation in sexual health research.J Adolesc Health. 2008; 42: 3-10https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2007.07.017
- Enhancing the responsible conduct of sexual health prevention research across global and local contexts: training for evidence-based research ethics.Ethics Behav. 2015; 25: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1080/10508422.2014.948956