Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Economic costs of excessive alcohol consumption in the U.S., 2006.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 41: 516-524https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2011.06.045
- Contribution of excessive alcohol consumption to deaths and years of potential life lost in the United States.Prev Chronic Dis. 2014; 11: E109https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd11.130293
- Chronic hepatitis C virus infection in the United States, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2003 to 2010.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 293-300https://doi.org/10.7326/M13-1133
- Causes of death and characteristics of decedents with viral hepatitis, United States, 2010.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 58: 40-49https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cit642
- Mortality among persons in care with hepatitis C virus infection: the Chronic Hepatitis Cohort Study (CHeCS), 2006–2010.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 58: 1055-1061https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciu077
- Increasing prevalence of HCC and cirrhosis in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140: 1182-1188https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2010.12.032
- Rising incidence and demographics of hepatocellular carcinoma in the USA: what does it mean?.Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011; 5: 365-370https://doi.org/10.1586/egh.11.20
- Chronic hepatitis C: an age wave of disease burden.Am J Manag Care. 2005; 11: S286-S295
- Forecasting the morbidity and mortality associated with prevalent cases of pre-cirrhotic chronic hepatitis C in the United States.Dig Liver Dis. 2011; 43: 66-72https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dld.2010.05.006
- Liver and intestine transplantation in the United States, 1997-2006.Am J Transplant. 2008; 8: 958-976https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2008.02174.x
- Adverse outcomes in Alaska natives who recovered from or have chronic hepatitis C infection.Gastroenterology. 2010; 138: 922-931https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2009.10.056
- Moderate, excessive or heavy alcohol consumption: each is significantly associated with increased mortality in patients with chronic hepatitis C.Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2013; 37: 703-709https://doi.org/10.1111/apt.12265
- Hepatitis C virus testing of persons born during 1945-1965: recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 157: 817-822https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-157-9-201211060-00529
- Prevalence of antibodies to hepatitis C virus in Spanish patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and hepatic cirrhosis.Lancet. 1989; 2: 1004-1006https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(89)91015-5
- Alcohol consumption within the context of hepatitis C: a qualitative study of non-problematic drinkers.Alcohol Alcohol. 2006; 41: 546-552https://doi.org/10.1093/alcalc/agl055
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Questionnaires, datasets, and related documentation. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes_questionnaires.htm. Accessed March 27, 2016.
- Past and current alcohol consumption patterns and elevations in serum hepatic enzymes among U.S. adults.Addict Behav. 2012; 37: 78-84https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2011.09.002
National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. 2009–2010 Lab methods. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhanes/nhanes2009-2010/lab_methods_09_10.htm. Accessed March 27, 2016.
U.S. Census Bureau. Poverty main. www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/poverty.html. Accessed March 27, 2016.
- Natural history of liver fibrosis progression in patients with chronic hepatitis C.Lancet. 1997; 349: 825-832https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(96)07642-8
- Hepatitis C and hospital outcomes in patients admitted with alcohol-related problems.J Hepatol. 2006; 44: 262-266https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhep.2005.07.027
- Diagnosis, management, and treatment of hepatitis C: an update.Hepatology. 2009; 49: 1335-1374https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.22759
- Hepatitis C virus: the 25-year journey from discovery to cure.Hepatology. 2014; 60: 1479-1482https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.27377
- Alcohol use and treatment of hepatitis C virus: results of a national multicenter study.Gastroenterology. 2006; 130: 1607-1616https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2006.02.023
- Hepatitis C disease burden and strategies to manage the burden (Guest Editors Mark Thursz, Gregory Dore and John Ward).J Viral Hepat. 2014; 21: 1-4
- Alcohol and hepatitis C: do we have a drinking problem?.Gastroenterology. 2006; 130: 1912-1914https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2006.03.030
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010.7th edition. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2010
- Awareness of infection, knowledge of hepatitis C, and medical follow-up among individuals testing positive for hepatitis C: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2001–2008.Hepatology. 2012; 55: 1652-1661https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.25556
- Efficacy of motivational enhancement therapy on alcohol use disorders in patients with chronic hepatitis C: a randomized controlled trial.Addiction. 2014; 109: 1869-1877https://doi.org/10.1111/add.12679
- Screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse: recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 140: 554-556
- Toward a more accurate estimate of the prevalence of hepatitis C in the United States.Hepatology. 2015; 62: 1353-1363https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.27978
- Seroprevalence of hepatitis C virus and hepatitis B virus among San Francisco injection drug users, 1998 to 2000.Hepatology. 2007; 46: 666-671https://doi.org/10.1002/hep.21765
- Perspective: test and treat this silent killer.Nature. 2011; 474: S18-S19https://doi.org/10.1038/474S18a