Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress: a Report of the Surgeon General.DHHS, Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2014Accessed January 6, 2016)
- Pharmacists’ concerns and suggestions related to the sale of tobacco and alcohol in pharmacies.J Community Health. 1998; 23: 359-370https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1018797805959
- Tobacco sales in pharmacies: time to quit.Tob Control. 2006; 15: 35-38https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2005.012278
- Tobacco sales in pharmacies: a survey of attitudes, knowledge and beliefs of pharmacists employed in student experiential and other worksites in Western New York.BMC Res Notes. 2012; 5: 413https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-5-413
American Pharmacists Association Policy Manual. American Pharmacists Association website. www.pharmacist.com/policy-manual. Accessed February 1, 2016.
- Consumer perceptions of the sale of tobacco products in pharmacies and grocery stores among U.S. adults.BMC Res Notes. 2013; 6: 261https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-6-261
- Public perceptions of the ban on tobacco sales in San Francisco pharmacies.Tob Control. 2013; 22: 369-371https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2012-050602
American Nonsmokers’ Rights Foundation. Municipalities with tobacco-free pharmacy laws enacted as of January 1, 2016. http://no-smoke.org/pdf/pharmacies.pdf. Accessed January 16, 2016.
- Toking, vaping, and eating for health or fun: marijuana use patterns in adults, U.S., 2014.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 50: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2015.05.027
San Francisco Tobacco-Free Project. San Francisco tobacco control laws. Revised November 2015. http://2gahjr48mok145j3z438sknv.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/San-Francisco-Tobacco-Control-Laws-November-2015-1.pdf. Accessed February 2, 2016.
- Cigarette smoking impairs the therapeutic response to oral corticosteroids in chronic asthma.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003; 168: 1308-1311https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200304-503OC
- Oral contraceptives and the risk of myocardial infarction.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 1787-1793https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa003216
- Cigarette purchases at pharmacies by patients at high risk of smoking-related illnesses.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 2031-2032https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2014.5307
- Quitting smoking among adults—United States, 2001–2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1513-1519
- The effect of retail cigarette pack displays on impulse purchase.Addiction. 2008; 103: 322-328https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2007.02062.x
- Why California retailers stop selling tobacco products, and what their customers and employees think about it when they do: case studies.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 848https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-11-848
- Ending sales of tobacco products in pharmacies.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1105-1106https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2014.686
CVS Health reports third quarter results. CVS Health website. www.cvshealth.com/content/cvs-health-reports-third-quarter-results. Published November 2014. Accessed January 22, 2016.
- Comparing the accuracy of RDD telephone surveys and internet surveys conducted with probability and non-probability samples.Public Opin Q. 2011; 75: 709-747https://doi.org/10.1093/poq/nfr020