Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Medicare and Medicaid programs; electronic health record incentive program. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2010; 75: 44313-44588
Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services. 2011–2012 Eligible Professional Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs). https://ushik.ahrq.gov/mdr/portals/mu. Published 2012. Accessed January 26, 2016.
- HEDIS 2013: Technical Specifications for Physician Measurement.NCQA, Washington, DC2013
- New paradigms for measuring clinical performance using electronic health records.Int J Qual Health Care. 2012; 24: 200-205https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzs011
- Electronic health records and ambulatory quality of care.J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 28: 496-503https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-012-2237-8
- Research challenges for electronic health records.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: S104-S111https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2007.01.018
- Using electronic health records to address overweight and obesity: a systematic review.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 45: 494-500https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2013.05.015
- Comparison of computerized surveillance and manual chart review for adverse events.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2011; 18: 491-497https://doi.org/10.1136/amiajnl-2011-000187
- The accuracy of an electronic pulmonary embolism severity index auto-populated from the electronic health record: setting the stage for computerized clinical decision support.Appl Clin Inform. 2015; 6: 318-333https://doi.org/10.4338/ACI-2014-12-RA-0116
- Accuracy of electronically reported “meaningful use” clinical quality measures.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 159: 73https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-159-1-201307020-00017
- Review: electronic health records and the reliability and validity of quality measures: a review of the literature.Med Care Res Rev. 2010; 67: 503-527https://doi.org/10.1177/1077558709359007
- Comparison of methodologies for calculating quality measures based on administrative data versus clinical data from an electronic health record system: implications for performance measures.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007; 14: 10-15https://doi.org/10.1197/jamia.M2198
- Comparing clinical automated, medical record, and hybrid data sources for diabetes quality measures.Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 2002; 28: 555-565
- Automated review of electronic health records to assess quality of care for outpatients with heart failure.Ann Intern Med. 2007; 146: 270-277https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-146-4-200702200-00006
- Exceptions to outpatient quality measures for coronary artery disease in electronic health records.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 227-234https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-154-4-201102150-00003
- Assessing the validity of national quality measures for coronary artery disease using an electronic health record.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 2272-2277https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.166.20.2272
- Validity of electronic health record-derived quality measurement for performance monitoring.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2012; 19: 604-609https://doi.org/10.1136/amiajnl-2011-000557
- Measuring quality of care for rheumatic diseases using an electronic medical record.Ann Rheum Dis. 2009; 68: 680-684https://doi.org/10.1136/ard.2008.089318
- Validity of using an electronic medical record for assessing quality of care in an outpatient setting.Med Care. 2005; 43: 691-698https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000167185.26058.8e
- Electronic health records vs Medicaid claims: completeness of diabetes preventive care data in community health centers.Ann Fam Med. 2011; 9: 351-358https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1279
- Comparison of administrative data and medical records to measure the quality of medical care provided to vulnerable older patients.Med Care. 2006; 44: 141-148https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000196960.12860.de
- Using electronic health records to measure physician performance for acute conditions in primary care: empirical evaluation of the community-acquired pneumonia clinical quality measure set.Med Care. 2009; 47: 208-216https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0b013e318189375f
- Prenatal syphilis screening rates measured using medicaid claims and electronic medical records.Sex Transm Dis. 2008; 35: 387-392https://doi.org/10.1097/OLQ.0b013e31815fa5bb
- Agreement of Medicaid claims and electronic health records for assessing preventive care quality among adults.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2014; 21: 720-724https://doi.org/10.1136/amiajnl-2013-002333
- Accuracy of heart disease prevalence estimated from claims data compared with an electronic health record.Prev Chronic Dis. 2012; 9: E141https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd9.120009
- Are claims data accurate enough to identify patients for performance measures or quality improvement? The case of diabetes, heart disease, and depression.Am J Med Qual. 2006; 21: 238-245https://doi.org/10.1177/1062860606288243
- Variation in outcomes of quality measurement by data source.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e1676-e1682
- Feasibility of evaluating the CHIPRA care quality measures in electronic health record data.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 139-149https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-3705
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Summary Recommendations: Prevention and Control of Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices—(ACIP)—United States, 2013–14. www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/acip/2013-summary-recommendations.htm. Published 2013. Accessed January 26, 2016.
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. USPSTF A and B recommendations. www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Name/uspstf-a-and-b-recommendations/. Published 2014. Accessed January 26, 2016.
- Sample-size calculations for Cohen’s kappa.Psychol Methods. 1996; 1: 150-153https://doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.1.2.150
OCHIN. OCHIN 2012 Annual report. https://ochin.org/depository/OCHIN%202012%20Annual%20Report.pdf. Published 2013. Accessed January 26, 2016.
- The OCHIN community information network: bringing together community health centers, information technology, and data to support a patient-centered medical village.J Am Board Fam Med. 2013; 26: 271-278https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2013.03.120234
- Developing a network of community health centers with a common electronic health record: description of the Safety Net West Practice-based Research Network (SNW-PBRN).J Am Board Fam Med. 2011; 24: 597-604https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2011.05.110052
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2008.08.010
- Exact binomial confidence interval for proportions.Photogramm Eng Remote Sens. 1998; 64: 281-282
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174https://doi.org/10.2307/2529310
- Using natural language processing to extract mammographic findings.J Biomed Inform. 2015; 54: 77-84https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2015.01.010
- Natural language processing improves identification of colorectal cancer testing in the electronic medical record.Med Decis Making. 2012; 32: 188-197https://doi.org/10.1177/0272989X11400418