Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Social conditions as fundamental causes of disease.J Health Soc Behav. 1995; Spec No: 80-94https://doi.org/10.2307/2626958
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1999; 896: 1-503
- Preface to the biology of disadvantage: socioeconomic status and health.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010; 1186: 1-4https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2009.05385.x
- Socioeconomic determinants of psychological well-being: the role of income, income change, and income sources during the course of 29 years.Ann Epidemiol. 2008; 18: 531-537https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2008.03.006
- The social determinants of health: coming of age.Annu Rev Public Health. 2011; 32: 381-398https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-publhealth-031210-101218
- The social determinants of health: it’s time to consider the causes of the causes.Public Health Rep. 2014; 129: 19-31
- Forging a pediatric primary care-community partnership to support food-insecure families.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: e564-e571https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-3845
- Pediatric primary care to help prevent child maltreatment: the Safe Environment for Every Kid (SEEK) Model.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 858-864https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2008-1376
- Addressing families’ unmet social needs within pediatric primary care: the Health Leads model.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2012; 51: 1191-1193https://doi.org/10.1177/0009922812437930
- Addressing social determinants of health at well child care visits: a cluster RCT.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e296-e304https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-2888
- Medical-legal strategies to improve infant health care: a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: 97-106https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-2955
The Menges Group. Positively impacting social determinants of health: how safety net health plans lead the way. www.communityplans.net/Portals/0/Fact%20Sheets/ACAP_Plans_and_Social_Determinants_of_Health.pdf. Published 2014. Accessed November 25, 2014.
- Clinical interventions addressing non-medical health determinants in Medicaid Managed Care.Am J Manag Care. 2016; 22: 370-376
- Closing the Gap in a Generation: Health Equity Through Action on the Social Determinants of Health, CSDH Final Report.WHO, Geneva2008
- A new care paradigm slashes hospital use and nursing home stays for the elderly and the physically and mentally disabled.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 412-415https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2011.0113
- Hennepin Health: a safety-net accountable care organization for the expanded Medicaid population.Health Aff (Millwood). 2014; 33: 1975-1984https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2014.0648
- MHSPY: a children’s health initiative for maintaining at-risk youth in the community.J Behav Health Serv Res. 2006; 33: 196-212https://doi.org/10.1007/s11414-006-9013-7
- Vermont’s blueprint for medical homes, community health teams, and better health at lower cost.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 383-386https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2011.0169
- Making Sense of Qualitative Data: Complimentary Research Strategies.Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA1996
- Denzin N.K. Lincoln Y.S. The SAGE Handbook of Qualitative Research. 3rd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2005
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Benefits. Medicaid.gov. www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-chip-program-information/by-topics/benefits/medicaid-benefits.html. Accessed December 23, 2015.
Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured. Federal core requirements and state options in Medicaid: Current policies and key issues. Issue Brief. https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/8174.pdf. Published 2011. Accessed December 23, 2015.
National summary of state Medicaid manged care programs: program descriptions as of July 1, 2012. www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-chip-program-information/by-topics/data-andsystems/downloads/medicaid-mc-enrollment-report.pdf. Published 2012. Accessed December 23, 2015.
Silow-Carroll S, Rodin D. Forging community partnerships to improve health care: the experience of four Medicaid managed care organizations. Issue Brief. 2013;19. www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/files/publications/issue-brief/2013/apr/1687_silowcarroll_forging_community_partnerships_medicaid_managed_care_ib.pdf. Accessed December 23, 2015.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Waivers. Medicaid.gov: keeping America healthy. www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHIP-Program-Information/By-Topics/Waivers/Waivers.html. Accessed November 1, 2015.
Musumeci M. Key themes in captiated Medicaid managed long-term services and supports waivers. Issue Brief. http://files.kff.org/attachment/key-themes-in-capitated-medicaid-managed-long-term-services-and-supports-waivers-issue-brief. Published 2014. Accessed December 23, 2015.
Wachino V. Coverage of housing-related activities and services for individuals with disabilities. CMCS Informational Bulletin. www.medicaid.gov/federal-policy-guidance/downloads/CIB-06-26-2015.pdf. Published 2015. Accessed May 4, 2016.
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation. Medicaid and permanent supportive housing for chronically homeless individuals: emerging practices from the field. https://aspe.hhs.gov/report/medicaid-and-permanent-supportive-housing-chronically-homeless-individuals-emerging-practices-field. Published 2014. Accessed May 4, 2016.
Mann C. Medicaid payment for services provided without charge (free care). www.medicaid.gov/federal-policy-guidance/downloads/smd-medicaid-payment-for-services-provided-without-charge-free-care.pdf. Published 2014. Accessed May 4, 2016.
- The American Health Care Paradox: Why Spending More Is Getting Us Less.Public Affairs, New York, NY2013