Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Controlling tuberculosis in the United States. Recommendations from the American Thoracic Society, CDC, and the Infectious Diseases Society of America.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2005; 54: 1-81
- An unanswered health disparity: tuberculosis among correctional inmates, 1993 through 2003.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1800-1805https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2004.055442
- Predictors of failure in timely tuberculosis treatment completion, United States.Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2012; 16: 1075-1082https://doi.org/10.5588/ijtld.11.0814
- Movement of tuberculosis patients and the failure to complete antituberculosis treatment.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1998; 157: 1249-1252https://doi.org/10.1164/ajrccm.157.4.9708058
- Tuberculosis case detection in a state prison system.Public Health Rep. 1998; 113: 359-364
- Progress and problems in achieving the United States national target for completion of antituberculosis treatment.Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2000; 4: 744-751
- Treatment of tuberculosis: American Thoracic Society, CDC, and Infectious Diseases Society of America.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2003; 52: 1-77
- Prevention and control of tuberculosis in correctional and detention facilities: recommendations from CDC. Endorsed by the Advisory Council for the Elimination of Tuberculosis, the National Commission on Correctional Health Care, and the American Correctional Association.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55: 1-44
- Treatment completion among TB patients returned to the community from a large urban jail.J Community Health. 2007; 32: 135-147https://doi.org/10.1007/s10900-006-9036-2
- Undetected tuberculosis in prison. Source of infection for community at large.JAMA. 1978; 240: 2544-2547https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1978.03290230036021
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in the New York State prison system, 1990-1991.J Infect Dis. 1994; 170: 151-156https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/170.1.151
- Tuberculosis outbreaks in prison housing units for HIV-infected inmates—California, 1995-1996.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1999; 48: 79-82
- Transmission of tuberculosis in a jail.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 131: 557-563https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-131-8-199910190-00002
- Extensive transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis among congregated, HIV-infected prison inmates in South Carolina, United States.Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2003; 7: 665-672
- Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in a Tennessee Prison, 2002-2004.J Correct Health Care. 2008; 14: 39-47https://doi.org/10.1177/1078345807308847
- Tuberculosis transmission in multiple correctional facilities—Kansas, 2002-2003.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 734-738
- A tuberculosis outbreak fueled by cross-border travel and illicit substances: Nevada and Arizona.Public Health Rep. 2014; 129: 78-85
- Two tuberculosis genotyping clusters, one preventable outbreak.Public Health Rep. 2009; 124: 490-494
- Substantial overlap between incarceration and tuberculosis in Atlanta, Georgia, 2011.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2014; 1: ofu041https://doi.org/10.1093/ofid/ofu041
- Increased incidence of the outbreak strain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the surrounding community after an outbreak in a jail.South Med J. 2003; 96: 155-157https://doi.org/10.1097/01.SMJ.0000053678.62096.6F
- Characteristics of tuberculosis cases that started outbreaks in the United States, 2002-2011.Emerg Infect Dis. 2015; 21: 508-510https://doi.org/10.3201/eid2103.141475
CDC. Report of Verified Case of Tuberculosis (RVCT): Instruction Manual. Atlanta, GA: U.S. DHHS, CDC. www.cdc.gov/tb/programs/rvct/instructionmanual.pdf. Published June 2009. Accessed May 10, 2016.
CDC. Reported Tuberculosis in the United States, 2013. Atlanta, GA: U.S. DHHS, CDC. www.cdc.gov/tb/statistics/reports/2013/pdf/report2013.pdf. Published October 2014. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- Public health and correctional collaboration in tuberculosis control.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 112-117https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2004.04.008
- Assessment of tuberculosis screening and management practices of large jail systems.Public Health Rep. 2003; 118: 500-507https://doi.org/10.1016/S0033-3549(04)50286-8
- Post-detention completion of tuberculosis treatment for persons deported or released from the custody of the Immigration and Naturalization Service—United States, 2003.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2003; 52: 438-441
- Deportation of tuberculosis patients complicated by a medication shortage—Honduras, May-August 2006.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56: 655-658
- Preventing and controlling tuberculosis along the U.S.-Mexico border.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2001; 50: 1-27https://doi.org/10.1037/e548342006-001
- Outbreak of tuberculosis among Guatemalan immigrants in rural Minnesota, 2008.Public Health Rep. 2011; 126: 726-732
Management of Tuberculosis. Federal Bureau of Prisons clinical practice guidelines. www.bop.gov/resources/pdfs/TB_CPG.pdf. Published October 2015. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- Tuberculosis prevention and control in large jails: a challenge to tuberculosis elimination.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 125-130https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2005.10.018
- Tuberculosis control among people in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 33: 9-14https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2007.02.044
San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency. CureTB Referral Program. www.sandiegocounty.gov/hhsa/programs/phs/cure_tb/. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- TB net tracking network provides continuity of care for mobile TB patients.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1581-1582https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.89.10.1581
Migrant Clinicians Network. TBNet: global tuberculosis management. www.migrantclinician.org/services/network/tbnet.html. Accessed May 10, 2016.