Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Military to civilian questionnaire: A measure of postdeployment community reintegration difficulty among Veteran using department of Veterans Affairs medical care.J Trauma Stress. 2011; 24: 660-670https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.20706
- Combat duty in Iraq and Afghanistan, mental health problems, and barriers to care.N Engl J Med. 2004; 351: 13-22https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa040603
TanielianT. Invisible wounds of war. RAND Corporation website. www.rand.org/pubs/monographs/MG720.html. Published 2008. Accessed February 25, 2016.
U.S. Department of Defense Manpower Data Center. Interservice separation code for active separations. www.dod.gov/pubs/foi/Reading_Room/Statistical_Data/13-F-0059_Separations_Code_FY01-12.xlsx. Accessed September 15, 2015.
- The impact of prior deployment experience on civilian employment after military service.Occup Environ Med. 2013; 70: 408-417https://doi.org/10.1136/oemed-2012-101073
- Veterans in State and Federal Prison. Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report.U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC2004
- Veterans in Prison and Jail. Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report.U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, DC2012
- Military misconduct and homelessness among U.S. Veterans separated from active duty, 2001-2012.J Am Med Assoc. 2015; 314: 832-834https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.8207
- Risk of suicide among U.S. Military Service members following Operation Enduring Freedom or Operation Iraqi Freedom deployment and separation from the U.S. Military.JAMA Psychiatry. 2015; 72: 561-569https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2014.3195
- Long-term mental health outcomes of military service.J Clin Psychiatry. 2016; 77https://doi.org/10.4088/jcp.15m09837
HCUP Clinical Classifications Software (CCS) for ICD-9-CM. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). 2006-2009. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/toolssoftware/ccs/ccs.jsp.
- Identifying homelessness among Veterans using VA administrative data: opportunities to expand detection criteria.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10: e0132664https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0132664
- VA Informatics and Computing Infrastructure (VINCI). 2015;
- Employment outcomes and PTSD symptom severity.Ment Health Serv Res. 2005; 7: 89-101https://doi.org/10.1007/s11020-005-3780-2
- The civilian labor market experiences of Vietnam-era veterans: the influence of psychiatric disorders.J Ment Health Policy Econ. 2005; 3: 199-207https://doi.org/10.1002/mhp.102
- Prevalence of depression-PTSD comorbidity: implications for clinical practice guidelines and primary care–based interventions.J Gen Intern Med. 2007; 22: 711-718https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-006-0101-4
- The high prevalence of poor physical health and unhealthy lifestyle behaviours in individuals with severe mental illness.Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2011; 32: 589-597https://doi.org/10.3109/01612840.2011.569846
- Bridging the gap between mental and physical health: a multidisciplinary approach.J Clin Psychiatry. 2007; 68: 26-33
- The prevalence of mental illness in prison.Adm Policy Ment Health. 2001; 29: 21-40https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013164814732
- Traumatized offenders: don’t look now, but your jail’s also your mental health center.J Trauma Dissociation. 2007; 8: 81-95https://doi.org/10.1300/J229v08n02_06
- The occupational burden of mental disorders in the U.S. military: psychiatric hospitalizations, involuntary separations, and disability.Am J Psychiatry. 2005; 162: 585-591https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.162.3.585
- Risk factors for disability retirement among active duty air force personnel.Mil Med. 2014; 179: 5-10https://doi.org/10.7205/MILMED-D-13-00280
- Physical disability and mental health: an epidemiology of psychiatric and substance disorders.Rehabil Psychol. 2006; 51: 214https://doi.org/10.1037/0090-55220.127.116.11
- Psychiatric diagnoses and punishment for misconduct: the effects of PTSD in combat-deployed Marines.BMC Psychiatry. 2010; 10: 88https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-244X-10-88
- Risk factors for misconduct in a Navy sample.Mil Psychol. 2009; 21: 252-269https://doi.org/10.1080/08995600902768776
- Comparison of immediate-onset and delayed-onset posttraumatic stress disorder in military veterans.J Abnorm Psychol. 2009; 118: 767-777https://doi.org/10.1037/a0017203