Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
American Camping Association. 2015 Fall Enrollment Summary Results. www.acacamps.org/. Accessed March 21, 2016.
U.S. DHHS. 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. https://health.gov/paguidelines/. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- How physically active are children attending summer day camps?.J Phys Act Health. 2013; 10: 850-885https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.10.6.850
- Physical activity in the United States measured by accelerometer.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008; 40: 181-188https://doi.org/10.1249/mss.0b013e31815a51b3
- Convergent validity of pedometer and accelerometer estimates of moderate-to-vigorous physical activity of youth.J Phys Act Health. 2011; 8: S295-S305https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.8.s2.s295
- The fun, food, and fitness project (FFFP): the Baylor GEMS pilot study.Ethn Dis. 2003; 13: S1-S30
- The level and tempo of children’s physical activities: an observational study.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1995; 27: 1033-1041https://doi.org/10.1249/00005768-199507000-00012
- Effects of varying epoch lengths, wear time algorithms, and activity cut-points on estimates of child sedentary behavior and physical activity from accelerometer data.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0150534https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0150534
- Classification of physical activity intensities using a wrist‐worn accelerometer in 8–12–year‐old children.Pediatr Obes. 2015; 11: 120-127https://doi.org/10.1111/ijpo.12033
- Linear quantile mixed models.Stat Comput. 2014; 24: 461-479https://doi.org/10.1007/s11222-013-9381-9
- Discrepancies in accelerometer-measured physical activity in children due to cut-point non-equivalence and placement site.J Sports Sci. 2012; 30: 1303-1310https://doi.org/10.1080/02640414.2012.709266
- Wasting our time? Allocated versus accumulated physical activity in afterschool programs.J Phys Act Health. 2015; 12: 1061-1065https://doi.org/10.1123/jpah.2014-0163
- Are we there yet? Compliance with physical activity standards in YMCA afterschool programs.Child Obes. 2016; 12: 237-246https://doi.org/10.1089/chi.2015.0223
- School-day and overall physical activity among youth.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 45: 150-157https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2013.03.011
- Physical activity levels among children attending after-school programs.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008; 40: 622https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e318161eaa5