Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
IHS Year 2015 Profile. www.ihs.gov/newsroom/factsheets/. Accessed May 4, 2016.
- Vaccination coverage among American Indian and Alaska native children, 2006-2010.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e1592-e1599https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2012-1001
- Meeting the challenges of immunizing adults.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 49: S455-S464https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2015.08.014
Vaccines for Children Program. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/index.html. Accessed May 4, 2016.
- Use of 9-valent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine: updated HPV vaccination recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 300-304
- National, regional, state, and selected local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years--United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 625-633
- HPV infection among rural American Indian women and urban white women in South Dakota: an HPV prevalence study.BMC Infect Dis. 2011; 11: 252https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2334-11-252
- There is a high prevalence of human papillomavirus infection in American Indian women of the Northern Plains.Gynecol Oncol. 2007; 107: 236-241https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2007.06.007
- Cervical cancer incidence and mortality among American Indian and Alaska Native women, 1999-2009.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: S415-S422https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2013.301681
National Immunization Reporting System Reports. 2015. www.ihs.gov/NonMedicalPrograms/ihpes/immunizations/index.cfm?module=immunizations&option=reports. Accessed May 5, 2016.
- HPV knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs among Northern Plains American Indian adolescents, parents, young adults, and health professionals.J Cancer Educ. 2013; 28: 357-366https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-013-0468-y
- Human papillomavirus vaccination practices among providers in Indian Health Service, tribal and urban Indian healthcare facilities.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2012; 21: 372-378https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2011.3417
- Human papillomavirus vaccination practices: a survey of U.S. physicians 18 months after licensure.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 425-433https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2009-3500
Guide to Community Preventive Services. Increasing appropriate vaccination: health care system-based interventions implemented in combination. www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/vaccination-programs-health-care-system-based-interventions-implemented-combination. Accessed April 16, 2015.
- Predictors of HPV vaccine uptake among women aged 19-26: importance of a physician’s recommendation.Vaccine. 2011; 29: 890-895https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2009.12.063
- CDC grand rounds: reducing the burden of HPV-associated cancer and disease.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 69-72
- Impact of an electronic health record (EHR) reminder on human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine initiation and timely completion.J Am Board Fam Med. 2015; 28: 324-333https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2015.03.140082
- Reviews of evidence regarding interventions to improve vaccination coverage in children, adolescents, and adults. The Task Force on Community Preventive Services.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 97-140https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(99)00118-X
- Effect of telephone reminder/recall on adolescent immunization and preventive visits: results from a randomized clinical trial.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 157-163https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.160.2.157
- International Epidemiological Association.A Dictionary of Epidemiology. 4th ed. Oxford University Press, New York2001
- Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health. 2nd ed. Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Sudbury, MA2008
- Barriers to human papillomavirus vaccination among U.S. adolescents: a systematic review of the literature.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 76-82https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.2752