Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Survey of flavor ingredients used in tobacco products.in: Taylor A.J. Mottram D.S. Flavour Science, Proceedings of the XIV Weurman Flavour Research Symposium. Context Products Ltd, Leicestershire, UK2015
- Marketing to Americaʼs youth: evidence from corporate documents.Tob Control. 2002; 11: i5-i17https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.11.suppl_1.i5
- How cigarette design can affect youth initiation into smoking: Camel cigarettes 1983-93.Tob Control. 2002; 11: i32-39https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.11.suppl_1.i32
- Sweet and spicy flavours: new brands for minorities and youth.Tob Control. 2004; 13: 211-212https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2004.009191
- New cigarette brands with flavors that appeal to youth: tobacco marketing strategies.Health Aff (Millwood). 2005; 24: 1601-1610https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.24.6.1601
- Smoking expectancies for flavored and non-flavored cigarettes among college students.Addict Behav. 2007; 32: 1252-1261https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2006.08.011
- Developing smokeless tobacco products for smokers: an examination of tobacco industry documents.Tob Control. 2009; 18: 54-59https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2008.026583
- Tobacco industry consumer research on smokeless tobacco users and product development.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 78-87https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2008.152603
- Preventing Tobacco Use Among Youth and Young Adults: A Report of the Surgeon General.U.S. DHHS, CDC, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2012
- Tobacco industry use of flavours to recruit new users of little cigars and cigarillos.Tob Control. 2016; 25: 66-74https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2014-051830
- Tobacco industry marketing strategies to promote flavoured smokeless tobacco products.Tob Control. 2016; 25: ii40-ii49https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-053212
H.R. 1256-111th Congress: Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act In: HR 1256: GovTrack.us (database of federal legislation); 2009.
- Menthol cigarette use among racial and ethnic groups in the United States, 2004-2008.Nicotine Tob Res. 2010; 12: S117-S124https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntq204
- Epidemiology of menthol cigarette use in the United States.Tob Induc Dis. 2011; 9: S1https://doi.org/10.1186/1617-9625-9-S1-S1
- Differential trends in cigarette smoking in the USA: is menthol slowing progress?.Tob Control. 2015; 24: 28-37https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051159
- Changes in the prevalence and correlates of menthol cigarette use in the USA, 2004-2014.Tob Control. 2016; 25: ii14-ii20https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-053329
- Use of flavored cigarettes among older adolescent and adult smokers: United States, 2004–2005.Nicotine Tob Res. 2008; 10: 1209-1214https://doi.org/10.1080/14622200802163159
- Flavored cigar smoking among U.S. adults: findings from the 2009-2010 National Adult Tobacco Survey.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 608-614https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/nts178
- Flavored tobacco product use among U.S. young adults.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 388-391https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2012.11.031
- Preference for flavoured cigar brands among youth, young adults and adults in the USA.Tob Control. 2015; 24: 389-394https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051408
- Are menthol cigarettes a starter product for youth?.Nicotine Tob Res. 2006; 8: 403-413https://doi.org/10.1080/14622200600670389
- Menthol brand switching among adolescents and young adults in the National Youth Smoking Cessation Survey.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 1310-1312https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2011.300632
- Initiation with menthol cigarettes and youth smoking uptake.Addiction. 2013; 108: 171-178https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2012.04045.x
- Flavored-little-cigar and flavored-cigarette use among U.S. middle and high school students.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 54: 40-46https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2013.07.033
- Flavored tobacco product use among middle and high school students—United States, 2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 1066-1070https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6438a2
- Flavored tobacco product use among U.S. youth aged 12-17 years, 2013-2014.JAMA. 2015; 314: 1871-1873https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2015.13802
- Association between use of flavoured tobacco products and quit behaviours: findings from a cross-sectional survey of U.S. adult tobacco users.Tob Control. 2016; 25: ii73-ii80https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-053313
Hyland A, Ambrose BK, Conway KP, et al. Design and methods of the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study. Tob Control. In press. Online August 8, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-052934.
- Development and validation of the GAIN Short Screener (GSS) for internalizing, externalizing and substance use disorders and crime/violence problems among adolescents and adults.Am J Addict. 2006; 15: 80-91https://doi.org/10.1080/10550490601006055
- Healthy People 2010 Criteria for Data Suppression. 2002;
- A modified poisson regression approach to prospective studies with binary data.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 159: 702-706https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwh090
- Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study 2013-2016 [United States] restricted-use files user guide. 2016; https://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR36231.v2
Kasza K, Ambrose B, Conway K, et al. Adult tobacco use in the United States in 2013/14: findings from the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study, Wave 1. Poster presented at: 2016 SRNT 22nd Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL; 2016.
Kasza K, Conway K, Borek N, et al. Youth tobacco use in the United States in 2013/14: findings from the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study, Wave 1. Poster presented at: 2016 SRNT 22nd Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL; 2016.
- Trends in menthol and non-menthol cigarette consumption in the U.S.A.: 2000-2011.Tob Control. 2014; 23: e154-e155https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051385
- Clove cigar sales following the U.S. flavoured cigarette ban.Tob Control. 2015; 24: e246-e250https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051415
- E-cigarette market trends in traditional U.S. retail channels, 2012-2013.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 17: 1279-1283https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntu282