2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action.
- Felitti V.J.
- Anda R.F.
- Nordenberg D.
- et al.
- Gilbert L.K.
- Breiding M.J.
- Merrick M.T.
- et al.
- Dube S.R.
- Anda R.F.
- Felitti V.J.
- Chapman D.P.
- Williamson D.F.
- Giles W.H.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- 2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action.DHHS, Washington, DCSeptember 2012
- Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults.Am J Prev Med. 1998; 14: 245-258https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(98)00017-8
- Childhood adversity and adult chronic disease: an update from ten states and the District of Columbia, 2010.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 48: 345-349https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2014.09.006
- Childhood abuse, household dysfunction, and the risk of attempted suicide throughout the life span.JAMA. 2001; 286: 3089https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.286.24.3089
CDC, National Center for Health Statistics. Underlying cause of death 1999-2015 on CDC WONDER online database. http://wonder.cdc.gov/ucd-icd10.html. Accessed December 20, 2016.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUPnet). http://hcupnet.ahrq.gov/. Accessed August 1, 2016.
- 2015 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Detailed Tables.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2016www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015/NSDUH-DetTabs-2015.pdf(Accessed December 20, 2016)
- Estimated lifetime medical and work-loss costs of fatal injuries—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 1074-1077https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6438a4
- Estimated lifetime medical and work-loss costs of emergency department-treated nonfatal injuries—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 1078-1082https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6438a5
- Preventing Suicide: A Technical Package of Policies, Programs, and Practices.National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC, Atlanta, GA2017
- The impact of two universal randomized first- and second-grade classroom interventions on young adult suicide ideation and attempts.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008; 95: S60-S73https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2008.01.005
- The Zuni life skills development program: a school/community-based suicide prevention intervention.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2008; 38: 343-353https://doi.org/10.1521/suli.2008.38.3.343
- Risk of suicide and related adverse outcomes after exposure to a suicide prevention programme in the U.S. Air Force: cohort study.BMJ. 2006; 327: 1376https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.327.7428.1376
- Connecting the Dots: An Overview of the Links Among Multiple Forms of Violence.National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC and Oakland, CA: Prevention Institute, Atlanta, GA2014
- Adverse childhood experiences and the risk of premature mortality.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 389-396https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2009.06.021
- Capitalizing on advances in science to reduce the health consequences of early childhood adversity.JAMA Pediatr. 2016; 170: 1003-1007https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2016.1559
- Pathways from childhood abuse and other adversities to adult health risks: the role of adult socioeconomic conditions.Child Abuse Negl. 2016; 51: 390-399https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2015.05.013
- Estimating the rates of deaths by suicide among adults who attempt suicide in the United States.J Psychiatr Res. 2016; 77: 125-133https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2016.03.002
CDC. Essentials for childhood: steps to create safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments. www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/essentials_for_childhood_framework.pdf. Published 2014. Accessed June 15, 2016.
- Preventing Child Abuse and Neglect: A Technical Package for Policy, Norm, and Programmatic Activities.National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC, Atlanta, GA2016https://doi.org/10.15620/cdc.38864