Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Pertussis epidemic—Washington, 2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 517-522
CDC. Pertussis outbreak trends. www.cdc.gov/pertussis/outbreaks/trends.html. Accessed February 29, 2016.
- Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adults: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine—recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2006; 55: 1-34
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 13-15
- National and state vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years—United States, 2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 625-633
- Hepatitis A vaccination coverage among adolescents in the United States.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: 213-221https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-2197
- Hepatitis B vaccination coverage among U.S. adolescents, National Immunization Survey–Teen, 2006.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 44: 561-567https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2008.10.143
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccination among adolescents aged 13-17 years, United States, 2007.Vaccine. 2010; 28: 2350-2355https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2009.12.032
CDC. Preteen and teen vaccines. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/who/teens/for-hcp.html. Accessed February 29, 2016.
CDC. National Immunization Survey–Teen. ftp://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/Health_Statistics/NCHS/Dataset_Documentation/NIS/NISTEENPUF13_DUG.pdf. Accessed February 29, 2016.
Reagan-Steiner S, Elam-Evans LD, JA. Singleton. National Immunization Survey–Teen (NIS-Teen): revised definition of adequate provider data. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/nis/teen/downloads/APD-full-report.pdf. Accessed July 25, 2016.
CDC. Tdap booster requirements for secondary schools. www.immunize.org/laws/tdap.asp. Accessed March 3, 2016.
- Human papillomavirus vaccination series initiation and completion, 2008-2009.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 830-839https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-0950
- Parents with doubts about vaccines: which vaccines and reasons why.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 718-725https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2007-0538
- Parental response to human papillomavirus vaccine availability: uptake and intentions.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 45: 528-531https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2009.02.006
- Adolescent vaccination strategies: interventions to increase coverage.Paediatr Drugs. 2016; 18: 273-285https://doi.org/10.1007/s40272-016-0177-1
- Interventions to improve adolescent vaccination: what may work and what still needs to be tested.Vaccine. 2015; 33: D106-D113https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.09.032
Lett S. Evidence-based strategies for increasing HPV vaccination rates. http://mcaap.org/wp2013/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MCAAP-II-Evidence-Based-Strategies-Improve-HPV-Rates-Webinar-Slides-4-10-14.pdf. Accessed November 17, 2016.
- Receipt of tetanus-containing vaccinations among adolescents aged 13 to 17 years in the United States: National Immunization Survey-Teen 2007.Clin Ther. 2010; 32: 1468-1478https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinthera.2010.07.016
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine uptake, measured by Michigan’s immunization registry.J Adolesc Health. 2007; 40: 398-404https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2006.11.141
- National and state vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years—United States, 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008; 57: 1100-1103
- National and state vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years—United States, 2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1018-1023
- National and state vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years—United States, 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 671-677
CDC. Vaccination coverage articles and reports. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/articles.html. Accessed March 3, 2016.
- State health department structure and pandemic planning.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2010; 16: E1-E7https://doi.org/10.1097/PHH.0b013e3181b83475
- State trends in health risk factors and receipt of clinical preventive services among U.S. adults during the 1990s.JAMA. 2002; 287: 2659-2667https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.287.20.2659
- State and sex specific prevalence of selected characteristics—Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 1996 and 1997.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2000; 49: 1-39
- Surveillance for certain health behaviors among selected local areas—United States, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 1-149
- Surveillance of influenza vaccination coverage—United States, 2007-08 through 2011-12 influenza seasons.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 1-29
- Gaps in vaccine financing for underinsured children in the United States.JAMA. 2007; 298: 638-643https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.298.6.638
- Primary care physician perspectives on reimbursement for childhood immunizations.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 1319-1324https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2008-2033
Rodewald LE Timing of the implementation of new vaccines in the VFC program. Presented at: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S.)/Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Tribal Consultation Advisory Committee meeting; February 10–12, 2009; Albuquerque.
- Geographic disparity, area poverty, and human papillomavirus vaccination.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 38: 525-533https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2010.01.018
- Variation in provider vaccine purchase prices and payer reimbursement.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 1325-1331https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2008-2038
- Vaccination coverage among U.S. adolescents aged 13-17 years eligible for the Vaccines for Children program, 2009.Public Health Rep. 2011; 126: 124-134https://doi.org/10.1177/00333549111260S214
- Use of mass Tdap vaccination to control an outbreak of pertussis in a high school-Cook County, Illinois, September 2006—January 2007.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2008; 57: 796-799
- The impact of a school entry law on adolescent immunization rates.J Adolesc Health. 2005; 37: 511-516https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2005.07.009
- Vaccine coverage levels after implementation of a middle school vaccination requirement, Florida, 1997-2000.Public Health Rep. 2004; 119: 163-169https://doi.org/10.1177/003335490411900209
- Effect of middle school entry requirements on hepatitis B vaccination coverage.J Adolesc Health. 2004; 34: 420-423https://doi.org/10.1016/S1054-139X(03)00343-4
Dolson D. Errors of non-observation: dwelling nonresponse and coverage error in traditional censuses. www.amstat.org/sections/srms/proceedings/y2012/files/303670_71713.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2016.
Ganesh N, Khare M, Ormson EA, et al. Noncoverage adjustments in a single-frame cell-phone survey: weighting approach to adjust for phoneless and landline-only households. www.amstat.org/sections/srms/proceedings/y2014/files/311278_87035.pdf. Accessed July 25, 2016.
Pineau VJ, Wolter KM, Skalland B, Zeng W, Khare M, Zhao Z Assessment of total survey error for the National Immunization Survey (NIS) 2009—2010. www.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2012/onlineprogram/abstractdetails.cfm?abstractid=304324. Accessed July 25, 2016.
Pineau VJ, Wolter KM, Skalland B, et al. Modeling total survey error in the 2011 National Immunization Survey (NIS): pre-school children and teens. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/coverage/nis/child/downloads/total-survey-error-NIS-2011.pdf. Accessed July 25, 2016.
- The guide to community preventive services.The community guide. CDC, Atlanta, GA2013Accessed January 13, 2014)
- General recommendations on immunization: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60