Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Summary Health Statistics: National Health Interview Survey. 2015; (Published 2016. Accessed May 18, 2017)
- Asthma as a risk factor for invasive pneumococcal disease.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 2082-2090https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa044113
- Increased risk of serious pneumococcal disease in patients with asthma.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008; 122: 719-723https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2008.07.029
- Socioeconomic risk factors for bacteraemic pneumococcal pneumonia in adults.Epidemiol Infect. 2009; 137: 717-726https://doi.org/10.1017/S0950268808001489
- Invasive pneumococcal disease in patients with an underlying pulmonary disorder.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013; 19: 1148-1154https://doi.org/10.1111/1469-0691.12182
- Bacterial pneumonia and lung abscess.in: Broaddus V. Mason R. Ernst J. Murray & Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine. 6 ed. Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, PA2016: 557-582
- Vaccination of adults with asthma and COPD.Allergy. 2011; 66: 25-31https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2010.02462.x
- Updated recommendations for prevention of invasive pneumococcal disease among adults using the 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1102-1106
- Diagnosis and management of work-related asthma: American College Of Chest Physicians Consensus Statement.Chest. 2008; 134: 1S-41Shttps://doi.org/10.1378/chest.08-0201
- Characteristics associated with health care professional diagnosis of work-related asthma among individuals who describe their asthma as being caused or made worse by workplace exposures.J Occup Environ Med. 2012; 54: 485-490https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0b013e3182479f93
- The poorly explored impact of uncontrolled asthma.Chest. 2013; 143 (523): 511https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.12-0412
- Rates and costs of invasive pneumococcal disease and pneumonia in persons with underlying medical conditions.BMC Health Serv Res. 2016; 16: 182https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-016-1432-4
U.S. DHHS. 2020 Topics & Objectives. Immunization and Infectious Diseases. www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/immunization-and-infectious-diseases/objectives. Published September 22, 2016. Accessed September 23, 2016.
CDC. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. www.cdc.gov/brfss/about/index.htm. Published May 16, 2014. Accessed April 27, 2015.
CDC. BRFSS Asthma Call-back Survey. www.cdc.gov/brfss/acbs/index.htm. Published July 2, 2015. Accessed April 27, 2015.
- Asthma symptoms among adults with work-related asthma.J Asthma. 2013; 50: 166-173https://doi.org/10.3109/02770903.2012.754029
- Work-related asthma, financial barriers to asthma care, and adverse asthma outcomes: Asthma Call-back Survey, 37 states and District of Columbia, 2006 to 2008.Med Care. 2011; 49: 1097-1104https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0b013e31823639b9
- Expert Panel Report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma-Summary Report 2007.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007; 120: S94-S138https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2007.09.029
- Pneumococcal vaccine and patients with pulmonary diseases.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 886https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2014.05.010
CDC. PCV13 (pneumococcal conjugate) vaccine. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pneumo/vac-pcv13-adults.htm. Published September 3, 2015. Accessed October 6, 2016.
- Use of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine for adults with immunocompromising conditions: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 816-819
CDC. Vaccine contraindications and precautions for adults only. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/admin/contraindications-adults.html. Published March 6, 2014. Accessed September 21, 2016.
- Identifying barriers to adult pneumococcal vaccination: an NFID task force meeting.Postgrad Med. 2012; 124: 71-79https://doi.org/10.3810/pgm.2012.05.2550
- Impact of health insurance status on vaccination coverage among adult populations.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 48: 647-661https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2014.12.008
- Work-related asthma and employment status—38 states and District of Columbia, 2006–2009.J Asthma. 2013; 50: 954-959https://doi.org/10.3109/02770903.2013.829491
- The healthy worker effect in asthma: work may cause asthma, but asthma may also influence work.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2008; 177: 4-10https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200703-415PP
- Which individuals are at increased risk of pneumococcal disease and why? Impact of COPD, asthma, smoking, diabetes, and/or chronic heart disease on community-acquired pneumonia and invasive pneumococcal disease.Thorax. 2015; 70: 984-989https://doi.org/10.1136/thoraxjnl-2015-206780
- Work-related and health care cost burden of community-acquired pneumonia in an employed population.J Occup Environ Med. 2013; 55: 1149-1156https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0b013e3182a7e6af
- Influenza vaccination among persons with work-related asthma.Am J Prev Med. 2014; 47: 203-211https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2014.04.007
- Adult immunization programs in nontraditional settings: quality standards and guidance for program evaluation.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2000; 49: 1-13
- Inhaled corticosteroids and the risk of pneumonia in people with asthma: a case-control study.Chest. 2013; 144: 1788-1794https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.13-0871
- Surveillance for Health Care Access and Health Services Use, Adults Aged 18–64 Years—Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States, 2014.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2017; 66: 1-42https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.ss6607a1
- State law and standing orders for immunization services.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 50: e133-e142https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2015.10.003
Ohio Revised Code. In: § 3727.19 (C); 2006.
- Evaluation of pneumococcal vaccination rates after vaccine protocol changes and nurse education in a tertiary care teaching hospital.J Manag Care Pharm. 2011; 17: 701-708https://doi.org/10.18553/jmcp.2011.17.9.701
- Standing orders for influenza and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccination: correlates identified in a national survey of U.S. primary care physicians.BMC Fam Pract. 2012; 13: 22https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2296-13-22
- Community-acquired pneumonia: symptoms and burden of illness at diagnosis among U.S. adults aged 50 years and older.Patient. 2013; 6: 125-134https://doi.org/10.1007/s40271-013-0013-4
- Management of work-related asthma: guidelines and challenges.Eur Respir Rev. 2012; 21: 79-81https://doi.org/10.1183/09059180.00002912