Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The Health Consequences of Involuntary Exposure to Tobacco Smoke: A Report of the Surgeon General.U.S. DHHS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coordinating Center for Health Promotion, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention & Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2006Accessed February 1, 2017)
- The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General.U.S. DHHS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2014Accessed February 1, 2017)
- The proposal for smoke-free public housing. Benefits, challenges, and opportunities for 2 million residents.JAMA. 2016; 315: 1105-1106https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.1380
- National and state estimates of secondhand smoke infiltration among U.S. multiunit housing residents.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 15: 1316-1321https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/nts254
- Attitudes, experiences, and acceptance of smoke-free policies among U.S. multiunit housing residents.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 1868-1871https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2012.300717
- Tobacco use, secondhand smoke, and smoke-free home rules in multiunit housing.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: 682-692https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.05.009
Federal Register, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Instituting Smoke-Free Public Housing. 81 FR 87430. December 5, 2016. www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/12/05/2016-28986/instituting-smoke-free-public-housing. Accessed February 6, 2017.
- KnowledgePanel Design Summary. 2013; (Accessed June 7, 2017)
U.S. Census Bureau. Current Population Survey (CPS). www.census.gov/programs-surveys/cps.html. Accessed February 10, 2017.
- Multiunit housing residents’ experiences and attitudes toward smoke-free policies.Nicotine Tob Res. 2010; 12: 598-605https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntq053
- Assessment of residents’ attitudes and satisfaction before and after implementation of a smoke-free policy in Boston multiunit housing.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 18: 1282-1289https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntv239
- Cigarette smoking and adverse health outcomes among adults receiving federal housing assistance.Prev Med. 2017; 99: 171-177https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2017.02.001
- Smoke-free multiunit housing: a review of the scientific literature.Tob Control. 2015; 25: 9-20https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2014-051849
- National and state cost savings associated with prohibiting smoking in subsidized and public housing in the United States.Prev Chronic Dis. 2014; 11: 140222https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd11.140222
Questions and Answers on HUD’s Smoke Free Public Housing Proposed Rule. https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=finalsmoke-freeqa.pdf. Accessed January 19, 2017.
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems: adult use and awareness of the “e-cigarette” in the USA.Tob Control. 2013; 22: 19-23https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2011-050044