- Rudd R.A.
- Seth P.
- David F.
- Scholl L.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Increases in drug and opioid-involved overdose deaths — United States, 2010–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1445-1452https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm655051e1
- 2011: National estimates of drug-related emergency department visits. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 13-4760, DAWN Series D-39.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2013
HCUP NEDS Database Documentation. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/nation/neds/nedsdbdocumentation.jsp. Accessed May 31, 2017.
- Assessing the accuracy of opioid overdose and poisoning codes in diagnostic information from electronic health records, claims data, and death records.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2017; 26: 509-517https://doi.org/10.1002/pds.4157
Senathirajah M, Owens P, Mutter R, Nagamine M. Special study on the meaning of the first-listed diagnosis on emergency department and ambulatory surgery records. 2011. HCUP Methods Series Report # 2011-03. U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/methods/2011_03.pdf. Published October 4, 2011. Accessed May 31, 2017.
HCUP Cost-to-Charge Ratio Files (CCR). Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Rockville, MD: U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/state/costtocharge.jsp. Accessed June 23, 2016.
- Fentanyl law enforcement submissions and increases in synthetic opioid–involved overdose deaths — 27 states, 2013–2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 837-843https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6533a2
- The economic burden of prescription opioid overdose, abuse, and dependence in the United States, 2013.Med Care. 2016; 54: 901-906https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0000000000000625
- Vital Signs: demographic and substance use trends among heroin users — United States, 2002–2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 719-725
- CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain – United States, 2016.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2016; 65: 1-49
- Mandatory provider review and pain clinic laws reduce the amounts of opioids prescribed and overdose death rates.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 1876-1883https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2016.0448