Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Measuring the Effect of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participation on food security.Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2013Accessed September 12, 2017)
- Household food security in the United States in 2013.Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2014Accessed September 12, 2017)
- Diet quality of Americans by SNAP Participation Status: data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2007–2010.Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2015Accessed September 1, 2017)
- Evaluation of the Healthy Incentives Pilot (HIP) final report.U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, 2014Accessed September 1, 2017)
- Increasing use of a healthy food incentive: a waiting room intervention among low-income patients.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 52: 154-162https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.11.008
- Improving fruit and vegetable consumption among low-income customers at farmers markets: Philly Food Bucks, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2011.Prev Chronic Dis. 2013; 10: 120356https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd10.120356
- Reducing food insecurity and improving fruit and vegetable intake among farmers’ market incentive program participants.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2016; 48: 70-76https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2015.10.003
- Impact of a rewards-based incentive program on promoting fruit and vegetable purchases.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: 166-172https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2013.301752
- Improving the nutritional impact of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 52: S193-S198https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.07.024
- Rebates to incentivize healthy nutrition choices in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 52: S161-S170https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.08.023
- Explaining the impact of USDA’s Healthy Incentives pilot on different spending outcomes.Appl Econ Perspect Policy. 2016; 38: 655-672https://doi.org/10.1093/aepp/ppv028
- Financial incentives increase fruit and vegetable intake among Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participants: a randomized controlled trial of the USDA healthy incentives pilot.Am J Clin Nutr. 2016; 104: 423-435https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.115.129320
Agricultural Act of 2014. www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113hr2642enr/pdf/BILLS-113hr2642enr.pdf. Accessed March 5, 2017.
Fair Food Network. Double Up Food Bucks. www.doubleupfoodbucks.org/. Accessed September 12, 2017.
Wholesome Wave. Our network. www.wholesomewave.org/network. Accessed September 12, 2017.
Food Fair Network. Double Up Food Bucks: a five-year success story. www.fairfoodnetwork.org/wp-content/image_archive/FFN_DoubleUpFoodBucks_5YearReport.pdf. Accessed March 5, 2017.
U.S. Census Bureau. American Community Survey 5-year estimates: demographic and housing estimates 2011–2015. American Fact Finder. https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=bkmk. Accessed March 5, 2017.
- Food insecurity in the Detroit Metropolitan Area following the Great Recession.Univ Mich Natl Poverty Cent Policy Brief. 2014;
- Comparing farmers’ market revenue trends before and after the implementation of a monetary incentive for recipients of food assistance.Prev Chronic Dis. 2014; 11: 130347https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd11.130347
- The Impact of New York City’s Health Bucks Program on electronic benefit transfer spending at farmers markets, 2006–2009.Prev Chronic Dis. 2013; 10: 130113https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd10.130113
- Cost effectiveness of subsidizing fruit and vegetable purchases through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 52: e147-e155https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.12.013
SmartyStreets. Address verification, validation, and autocomplete. https://smartystreets.com/. Accessed March 11, 2017.
Institute for Digital Research and Education, University of California, Los Angeles. Negative Binomial Regression | Stata Data Analysis Examples. http://stats.idre.ucla.edu/stata/dae/negative-binomial-regression/. Accessed March 5, 2017.
Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture. SNAP Retailer Management: 2013 annual report. FNS; 2014. www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/snap/2013-annual-report.pdf. Accessed March 5, 2017.
- Characteristics of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Households: Fiscal Year 2014. Office of Policy Support.Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, 2015Accessed March 5, 2017)
- Impacts of a farmers’ market incentive programme on fruit and vegetable access, purchase and consumption.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 2712-2721https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980015001056
- A farmers’ market at a federally qualified health center improves fruit and vegetable intake among low-income diabetics.Prev Med. 2013; 56: 288-292https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2013.01.018
Fair Food Network. Double Up Food Bucks: how it works at grocery stores. www.doubleupfoodbucks.org/how-it-works/grocery-stores/. Accessed September 12, 2017.
Wholesome Wave. Doubling SNAP. www.wholesomewave.org/how-we-work/doubling-snap. Accessed September 12, 2017.