Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Shared decision making about screening and chemoprevention. a suggested approach from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 26: 56-66https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2003.09.011
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century.Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC2001https://doi.org/10.17226/10027
- The price of false beliefs: unrealistic expectations as a contributor to the health care crisis.Ann Fam Med. 2012; 10: 491-494https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1452
- Patients’ expectations of screening and preventive treatments.Ann Fam Med. 2012; 10: 495-502https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.1407
- Patients’ expectations of the benefits and harms of treatments, screening, and tests: a systematic review.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 274-286https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2014.6016
- Health Belief Model.U.S. Public Health Service, Washington, DC1952
National Cancer Institute. HINTS Health Information National Trends Survey. https://hints.cancer.gov/. Accessed January 1, 2018.
- Health Information National Trends Survey 4 (HINTS 4): Cycle 4 Methodology Report.Westat, Rockville, MD2015
- The relation between having a usual source of care and ratings of care quality: does patient-centered communication play a role?.J Health Commun. 2015; 20: 759-765https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2015.1018592
National Cancer Institute. HINTS Health Information National Trends Survey. Survey Instruments. https://hints.cancer.gov/instrument.aspx. Published 2017. Accessed June 28, 2017.
- A modified Poisson regression approach to prospective studies with binary data.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 159: 702-706https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwh090
- Racial differences in colorectal cancer screening practices and knowledge within a low-income population.Cancer. 2008; 112: 391-398https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.23156
- Knowledge of colon cancer screening in a national probability sample in the United States.J Health Commun. 2006; 11: 19-35https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730600637533
- Knowledge and attitudes about colon cancer screening among African Americans.Am J Health Behav. 2011; 35: 393-401https://doi.org/10.5993/AJHB.35.4.2
- Men and women: beliefs about cancer and about screening.BMC Public Health. 2009; 9: 431https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-9-431
- Race and colorectal cancer disparities: health-care utilization vs different cancer susceptibilities.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010; 102: 538-546https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djq068
- Disparities in abnormal mammogram follow-up time for Asian women compared with non-Hispanic white women and between Asian ethnic groups.Cancer. 2017; 123: 3468-3475https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.30756
- Challenges and possible solutions to colorectal cancer screening for the underserved.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014; 106: dju032https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/dju032
- The 21-gene recurrence score assay for node-positive, early-stage breast cancer and impact of RxPONDER trial on chemotherapy decision-making: have clinicians already decided?.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2017; 15: 494-503https://doi.org/10.6004/jnccn.2017.0049
- The impact of a novel computer-based decision aid on shared decision making for colorectal cancer screening: a randomized trial.Med Decis Making. 2011; 31: 93-107https://doi.org/10.1177/0272989X10369007
- Randomized controlled trial of a patient decision aid for colorectal cancer screening.Med Decis Making. 2002; 22: 125-139https://doi.org/10.1177/02729890222063017
- Preference-based electronic decision aid to promote colorectal cancer screening: results of a randomized controlled trial.Prev Med. 2007; 45: 267-273https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2007.07.003