Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Advertising: panel spurs dispute over alcohol ads.The New York Times. 1988 Dec. 6; sect.: D:14
- Designating the driver.The New York Times. 1989 Jan. 17; sect.: A:24
ABC’s World News Tonight with Peter Jennings. 1989 September 26.
- TV’s pledge against drinking drivers.The Washington Post. 1988 Sept. 1; sect.: B:1
- TV series join crusade to curb drunk driving.The Los Angeles Times. 1988 Nov. 25; sect.: V:1
- Designating a driver, island ad campaign sells sobriety.The Christian Science Monitor. 1990 Sept. 12; 12
- A drive is pressed for sober drivers: concept of designated driver catches on as old habits change in society.The New York Times. 1989 Dec. 31; sect.: 1:22-22
- Everett Koop, the former surgeon general examines the nation’s health.The Los Angeles Times. 1992 Feb. 23; sect.: M:3
- Secretary Skinner pledges continued fight against drunk driving at White House “3D Week” briefing.Press release NHTSA 33-89. U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, DC1989
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). Position statement: responsible marketing and service of alcohol. Dallas, Texas: 20 x 2000, MADD; 1990.
- Techniques for effective alcohol management: 1990 progress report. Office of Alcohol and State Programs, NHTSA, U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, DC1991
- Be a good neighbor, be a designated driver [kit]. State Farm Insurance Companies, Bloomington, Illinois1991
- The designated driver program guidebook, a compendium for the implementation of the designated driver program. Office of Public Affairs, Sacramento1992
Random House Webster’s College Dictionary. New York: Random House; 1991:366.
The Roper Organization. Roper reports 91-3. 1991:19-20
The Roper Organization. A special report to Anheuser-Busch by the Roper Organization. 1991:24-26.
The Roper Organization. The social climate for drinking: a Roper analysis prepared for the House of Seagram. 1990:25.
The Roper Organization. DWI: public holds businesses more accountable. The Public Pulse 1991:6.
- Commentary: alcohol, the heart and public policy.Am J Public Health. 1993; 83: 701-804
U.S. Center for Substance Abuse Prevention, U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Statement on designated drivers. June 1993.