- Rudd R.A.
- Seth P.
- David F.
- Scholl L.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Increases in drug and opioid-involved overdose deaths—United States, 2010–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1445-1452https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm655051e1
- Are mass-media campaigns effective in preventing drug use? A Cochrane systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2015; 5: e007449https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2014-007449
- 2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action: A Report of the U.S. Surgeon General and of the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention.U.S. DHHS, Washington, DC2012
- Increase in suicide in the United States, 1999–2014.NCHS Data Brief. 2016; 241: 1-8
- Substance use disorders and risk for completed suicide.Arch Suicide Res. 2009; 13: 303-316https://doi.org/10.1080/13811110903263191
- Opioid dose and risk of suicide.Pain. 2016; 157: 1079-1084https://doi.org/10.1097/j.pain.0000000000000484
- The burden attributable to mental and substance use disorders as risk factors for suicide. Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e91936https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0091936
- A systematic review of mass media campaigns for suicide prevention: understanding their efficacy and the mechanisms needed for successful behavioral and literacy change.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2017; 47: 672-687https://doi.org/10.1111/sltb.12324
- Using media to promote suicide prevention hotlines to veteran households.Inj Prev. 2014; 20: 62-65https://doi.org/10.1136/injuryprev-2012-040742
- Suicide prevention media campaigns: a systematic literature review.Health Commun. 2017; (Health Commun. In press. Online November 30, 2017)https://doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2017.1405484
- A meta-analysis of the effect of mediated health communication campaigns on behavior change in the United States.J Health Commun. 2004; 9: 71-96https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730490271548
- Public attitudes toward depression and help-seeking: impact of the OSPI-Europe depression awareness campaign in four European regions.J Affect Disord. 2017; 217: 252-259https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2017.04.006
- Development and evaluation of a youth mental health community awareness campaign—The Compass Strategy.BMC Public Health. 2006; 6: 215https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-6-215
- Suicide prevention with adolescents: considering potential benefits and untoward effects of public service announcements.Crisis. 2009; 30: 128-135https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910.30.3.128
- The U.S. Air Force suicide prevention program: implications for public health policy.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 2457-2463https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2009.159871
- Promoting help seeking to veterans.Crisis. 2017; 38: 53-62https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910/a000418
- Stimulating community action for suicide prevention: findings on the effectiveness of the Australian R U OK? Campaign.Int J Ment Health Promot. 2016; 18: 213-221https://doi.org/10.1080/14623730.2016.1209423
- The development of effective message content for suicide intervention: theory of planned behavior.Crisis. 2009; 30: 174-179https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910.30.4.174
- Reaching suicidal people with media campaigns: new challenges for a new century.Crisis. 2006; 27: 172-180https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910.27.4.172
- Unintended effects of health campaigns.J Health Commun. 2007; 57: 293-317https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.2007.00344.x