Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Pertussis: surveillance and reporting, 2012–2016. www.cdc.gov/pertussis/surv-reporting.html. Accessed August 23, 2017.
- Pertussis hospitalizations among infants in the United States, 1993 to 2004.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 484-492https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2007-1393
- Severity of notified whooping cough.Br Med J. 1976; 1: 117-119https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.1.6002.117
- Pertussis symptoms in adolescents and children versus infants: the influence of vaccination and age.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2007; 46: 718-723https://doi.org/10.1177/0009922807302093
- Clinical and microbiologic features of children presenting with pertussis to a Canadian pediatric hospital during an eleven-year period.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1994; 13: 617-622https://doi.org/10.1097/00006454-199407000-00007
- Dose-response to a two-component acellular pertussis vaccine in infants and comparison with whole-cell vaccine.Biologicals. 1998; 26: 145-153https://doi.org/10.1006/biol.1998.9999
- Pertussis vaccine effectiveness among children 6 to 59 months of age in the United States, 1998–2001.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: e285-e294https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2004-2759
- Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adolescents: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccines recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55: 1-34
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) in pregnant women and persons who have or anticipate having close contact with an infant aged 12 months – Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1424-1426
- Importance of timing of maternal combined tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization and protection of young infants.Clin Infect Dis. 2013; 56: 539-544https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cis923
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) in pregnant women—Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 131-135
- Maternal immunization earlier in pregnancy maximizes antibody transfer and expected infant seropositivity against pertussis.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: 829-836https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciw027
- The effect of timing of maternal tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization during pregnancy on newborn pertussis antibody levels—a prospective study.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 5787-5793https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.08.038
- Immune responses in infants whose mothers received Tdap vaccine during pregnancy.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013; 32: 1257-1260https://doi.org/10.1097/INF.0b013e3182a09b6a
- The influence of maternally derived antibody and infant age at vaccination on infant vaccine responses: an individual participant meta-analysis.JAMA Pediatr. 2017; 171: 637-646https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2017.0638
- MarketScan User Guide, Commercial Claims and Encounters, Medicare Supplemental and Coordination of Benefits.Thomson Reuters (Healthcare) Inc., Ann Arbor, MI2008
- Predictors of low uptake of prenatal tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis immunization in privately insured women in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 129: 629-637https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000001927
Powell TM, Bagnell ME, editors. Your “survival” guide to using time-dependent covariates. SAS Global Forum 2012. http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/168-2012.pdf. Accessed August 29, 2017.
- Effectiveness of maternal pertussis vaccination in England: an observational study.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1521-1528https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60686-3
- A case-control study to estimate the effectiveness of maternal pertussis vaccination in protecting newborn infants in England and Wales, 2012–2013.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 60: 333-337https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciu821
- Impact of the U.S. maternal tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccination program on preventing pertussis in infants 2 months of age: a case-control evaluation.Clin Infect Dis. 2017; 65: 1977-1983https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cix724
- Effectiveness of vaccination during pregnancy to prevent infant pertussis.Pediatrics. 2017; 139https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2016-4091
- Pertussis vaccination during pregnancy: Antibody persistence in infants.Vaccine. 2016; 34: 3719-3722https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.05.051
- A review of uses of health care utilization databases for epidemiologic research on therapeutics.J Clin Epidemiol. 2005; 58: 323-337https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2004.10.012