Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- E-cigarettes: a scientific review.Circulation. 2014; 129: 1972-1986https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.007667
- Trends in awareness and use of electronic cigarettes among U.S. adults, 2010–2013.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 17: 219-227https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntu191
- QuickStats: Percentage of adults who ever used an e-cigarette and percentage who currently use e-cigarettes, by age group—National Health Interview Survey, United States, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 892https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6633a6
Wells Fargo Securities. Nielsen: Tobacco—C-Store Data—E-Cig $ Sales Decline Moderates. Equity Research. San Francisco, CA: Wells Fargo Securities. www.c-storecanada.com/attachments/article/153/Nielsen%20C-Stores%20-%20Tobacco.pdf. Published July 22, 2014. Accessed December 9, 2017.
- Nielsen: Tobacco All Channel Report Period Ending 12.03.16. Equity Research.Wells Fargo Securities, San Francisco, CADecember 13, 2016
HHS. E-Cigarette Use among Youth and Young Adults: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: HHS, Public Health Service, Office of the Surgeon General, Rockville, MD. https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/documents/2016_sgr_full_report_non-508.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed December 9, 2017.
- Use of price-minimizing strategies by smokers and their effects on subsequent smoking behaviors.Nicotine Tob Res. 2012; 14: 864-870https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntr300
- Receipt and redemption of cigarette coupons, perceptions of cigarette companies and smoking cessation.Tob Control. 2013; 22: 418-422https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2012-050539
- Trends in the use of premium and discount cigarette brands: findings from the ITC US Surveys (2002–2011).Tob Control. 2014; 23: i48https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2013-051045
- Use of discount cigarettes by smokers in 20 communities in the United States, 1988–1993.Tob Control. 1997; 6: S25-S30https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.6.suppl_2.S25
- Higher cigarette prices influence cigarette purchase patterns.Tob Control. 2005; 14: 86https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2004.008730
- Socio-economic variation in price minimizing behaviors: findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2011; 8: 234-252https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph8010234
- Cigarette promotional offers: who takes advantage?.Am J Prev Med. 2006; 30: 225-231https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2005.11.001
GfK KnowledgePanel® Design Summary. www.knowledgenetworks.com/ganp/docs/KnowledgePanel(R)-Design-Summary.pdf. Accessed December 19, 2017.
- Toking, vaping, and eating for health or fun: marijuana use patterns in adults, U.S., 2014.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 50: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2015.05.027
- National and state trends in sales of cigarettes and e-cigarettes, U.S., 2011–2015.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 53: 96-101https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.01.016
HHS. The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: HHS, CDC. www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/reports/50-years-of-progress/full-report.pdf. Published 2014. Accessed December 9, 2017.
- Ending the Tobacco Problem: A Blueprint for the Nation.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2007
- Macro-social influences: The effects of prices and tobacco-control policies on the demand for tobacco products.Nicotine Tob Res. 1999; 1: S77-S81