Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- E-cigarettes: a scientific review.Circulation. 2014; 129: 1972-1986
- Cardiovascular perspective of the promises and perils of e-cigarettes.Circ Res. 2016; 118: 1872-1875
- Levels of selected carcinogens and toxicants in vapour from electronic cigarettes.Tob Control. 2014; 23: 133-139
- Chemical hazards present in liquids and vapors of electronic cigarettes.Arch Toxicol. 2014; 88: 1295-1308
- Carbonyl compounds in electronic cigarette vapors: effects of nicotine solvent and battery output voltage.Nicotine Tob Res. 2014; 16: 1319-1326
- Cardiovascular mortality and exposure to airborne fine particulate matter and cigarette smoke: shape of the exposure-response relationship.Circulation. 2009; 120: 941-948
- Differences in blood pressure and vascular responses associated with ambient fine particulate matter exposures measured at the personal versus community level.Occup Environ Med. 2011; 68: 224-230
- Short-term economic and health benefits of smoking cessation: myocardial infarction and stroke.Circulation. 1997; 96: 1089-1096
- Association between smoke-free legislation and hospitalizations for cardiac, cerebrovascular, and respiratory diseases: a meta-analysis.Circulation. 2012; 126: 2177-2183
- Acute impact of tobacco vs electronic cigarette smoking on oxidative stress and vascular function.Chest. 2016; 150: 606-612
- Increased cardiac sympathetic activity and oxidative stress in habitual electronic cigarette users: implications for cardiovascular risk.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 278-284
- Prognostic value of coronary vascular endothelial dysfunction.Circulation. 2002; 106: 653-658
- Coronary endothelial dysfunction is associated with an increased risk of cerebrovascular events.Circulation. 2003; 107: 2805-2809
- Electronic cigarette exposure triggers neutrophil inflammatory responses.Respir Res. 2016; 17: 56
- Platelet activation, adhesion, inflammation, and aggregation potential are altered in the presence of electronic cigarette extracts of variable nicotine concentrations.Platelets. 2016; 27: 694-702
- Chronic exposure to electronic cigarette (E-cig) results in impaired cardiovascular function in mice.J Appl Physiol (1985). 2018; 124: 573-582
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). NHIS—National Health Interview Survey Homepage. www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhis/index.htm. Accessed September 20, 2017.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 2016 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS) Public Use Data Release: Survey Description (page 99). ftp://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/Health_Statistics/NCHS/Dataset_Documentation/NHIS/2016/srvydesc.pdf. Published 2017. Accessed September 20, 2017.
- Low cigarette consumption and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: meta-analysis of 141 cohort studies in 55 study reports.BMJ. 2018; 360: j5855
- Encyclopedia of Biostatistics: Bias Toward the Null .John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY2005.
- The risk of myocardial infarction after quitting smoking in men under 55 years of age.N Engl J Med. 1985; 313: 1511-1514
- Tobacco use and risk of myocardial infarction in 52 countries in the INTERHEART study: a case- control study.Lancet. 2006; 368: 647-658
- Risk factors for coronary artery disease in non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus: United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS: 23).BMJ. 1998; 316: 823-828
- The independent effect of type 2 diabetes mellitus on ischemic heart disease, stroke, and death: a population-based study of 13,000 men and women with 20 years of follow-up.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 1422-1426
- Potentially modifiable classic risk factors and their impact on incident myocardial infarction: results from the EPIC-Potsdam study.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2007; 14: 65-71
- Risk of myocardial infarction attributable to elevated levels of total cholesterol among hypertensives.Am J Hypertens. 2005; 18: 759-766
- Reliability of questionnaire information on cardiovascular disease and diabetes: cardiovascular disease study in Finnmark county.J Epidemiol Community Health. 1982; 36: 269-273
- Agreement between self-report questionnaires and medical record data was substantial for diabetes, hypertension, myocardial infarction and stroke but not for heart failure.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 1096-1103