Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Meningococcal disease.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1378-1388
- Epidemic meningitis, meningococcaemia, and Neisseria meningitidis.Lancet. 2007; 369: 2196-2210
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Enhanced Meningococcal Disease Surveillance Report. www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/downloads/NCIRD-EMS-Report.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed April 23, 2018.
- Serogroup B meningococcal disease vaccine recommendations at a university, New Jersey, USA, 2016.Emerg Infect Dis. 2017; 23: 867-869
Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development, and Evaluation (GRADE) for use of serogroup B meningococcal (MenB) vaccines in persons at increased risk for serogroup B meningococcal disease. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/recs/grade/mening-serogroup-b.html. Published 2015. Accessed April 24, 2018.
- Updated recommendations for use of MenB-FHbp serogroup B meningococcal vaccine—Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 509-513
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Vaccines for Children Program. www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/awardees/vaccine-management/price-list/index.html. Published 2018. Accessed March 15, 2018.
National Meningitis Association. Beyond the Science: Putting a Face on Meningococcal Disease. Fort Meyers, FL; National Meningitis Association. www.nmaus.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/nma-beyond-the-science-report.pdf. Published 2015. Accessed September 27, 2018.
Herzog K. Separate vaccine can protect against meningitis B strain. USA Today. http://college.usatoday.com/2016/08/17/separate-vaccine-can-protect-against-meningitis-b-strain/. Published August 17, 2016. Accessed September 27, 2018.
- Recommendations for conduct, methodological practices, and reporting of cost-effectiveness analyses.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1093-1103
- Cost-Effectiveness in Health and Medicine.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2017
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Guidance for the Evaluation and Public Health Management of Suspected Outbreak of Meningococcal Disease. Atlanta, GA: CDC. www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/downloads/meningococcal-outbreak-guidance.pdf. Published 2017. Accessed September 27, 2018.
Social Security Administration. Actuarial life table. www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html. Published 2014. Accessed April 6, 2018.
- Effectiveness and impact of a reduced infant schedule of 4CMenB vaccine against group B meningococcal disease in England: a national observational cohort study.Lancet. 2016; 388: 2775-2782
- Meningococcal serogroup B strain coverage of the multicomponent 4CMenB vaccine with corresponding regional distribution and clinical characteristics in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland, 2007–08 and 2014–15: a qualitative and quantitative assessment.Lancet Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 754-762
- Commentary: European Medicines Agency recommends approval of a broadly protective vaccine against serogroup B meningococcal disease.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013; 32: 372-373
- The clinical features and long-term sequelae of invasive meningococcal disease in children.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014; 33: 777-779
- Meningococcal disease: clinical presentation and sequelae.Vaccine. 2012; 30: B3-B9
- The inpatient costs and hospital service use associated with invasive meningococcal disease in South Australian children.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 4791-4798
- Outcomes of invasive meningococcal disease in adults and children in Canada between 2002 and 2011: a prospective cohort study.Clin Infect Dis. 2015; 60: e27-e35
- Pathophysiology, treatment and outcome of meningococcemia: a review and recent experience.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 1996; 15: 967-978
Pfizer. STN 125549-360. PI approved final draft (Trumemba package insert). www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM421139.pdf. Published 2014. Accessed April 23, 2018.
GlaxoSmithKline. 125546-189. PI approved final draft (Bexsero package insert). www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM431447.pdf. Published 2015. Accessed April 23, 2018.
- Modelling cost effectiveness of meningococcal serogroup C conjugate vaccination campaign in England and Wales.BMJ. 2002; 324 (809–809)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Databases. www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp. Published 2016. Accessed April 23, 2018.
- Counting the cost of meningococcal disease.Pediatr Drugs. 2013; 15: 49-58
- The societal costs of severe to profound hearing loss in the United States.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2000; 16: 1120-1135
- Health-care costs associated with amputation or reconstruction of a limb-threatening injury.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 1685-1692
- Measuring the stock of human capital for international and intertemporal comparisons.in: Jorgenson DW Landefeld S Schreyer P Measuring Economic Sustainability and Progress. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL2014: 493-544
Mathers CD, Murray CJL, Lopez AD, et al. Estimates of Health Life Expectancy for 191 Countries in the Year 2000: Methods and Results. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO. www.who.int/choice/publications/d_2000_gpe38.pdf?ua=1. Published 2000. Accessed September 27, 2018.
- Cost-effectiveness of liraglutide versus dapagliflozin for the treatment of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in the UK.Diabetes Ther. 2017; 8: 513-530
- Health economic evaluation of immunization strategies of hepatitis E vaccine for elderly population.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2017; 13: 1873-1878
- Cost-effectiveness evaluation of the 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine and 13-valent pneumococcal vaccine in Japanese children.Infect Dis Ther. 2014; 4: 93-112
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of a 10-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in children in six Latin American countries.Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2013; 11: 21
- Seizures and other neurologic sequelae of bacterial meningitis in children.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 1651-1657
European Center for Disease Prevention and Control. Annual epidemiological report on communicable diseases in Europe. https://ecdc.europa.eu/sites/portal/files/media/en/publications/Publications/1111_SUR_Annual_Epidemiological_Report_on_Communicable_ Diseases_in_Europe.pdf. Published 2011. Accessed April 24, 2018.
- Decision Modeling for Health Economic Evaluation.Oxford University Press, Oxford, England2006
- What is the price of life and why doesn't it increase at the rate of inflation.Arch Intern Med. 2003; 163: 1637-1641
- Thresholds for the cost-effectiveness of interventions: alternative approaches.Bull World Health Organ. 2015; 93: 118-124
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Meningococcal disease. www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/surveillance/index.html. Published 2018. Accessed April 24, 2018.
- Epidemiological profile of meningococcal disease in the United States.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 50: S37-S44
- On the elicitation of preferences for alternative therapies.N Engl J Med. 1982; 306: 1259-1262