Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
CDC. National Diabetes Statistics Report. Estimates of diabetes and its burden in the United States, 2017. Atlanta, GA: DHHS.www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf.Published 2017. Accessed March 24, 2018.
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 393-403
- Lifestyle interventions for patients with and at risk for type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 159: 543-551
- Preventing type 2 diabetes in communities across the U.S.: the National Diabetes Prevention Program.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: S346-S351
- A national effort to prevent type 2 diabetes: participant-level evaluation of CDC's National Diabetes Prevention Program.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 1331-1341
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program. Standards and Operating Procedures.www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/pdf/dprp-standards.pdf(Published January 1,)Date: 2015Date accessed: January 28, 2018
National Commission on Prevention Priorities. Preventive care: a national profile on use, disparities, and health benefits. Washington, DC: Partnership for Prevention. www.prevent.org/data/files/initiatives/ncpppreventivecarereport.pdf.Published 2007. Accessed June 3, 2018.
American Association of Retired Persons Public Policy Institute. Use of clinical preventive services and prevalence of health risk factors among adults aged 50–64: national and state-level racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and health insurance coverage status disparities. Washington, DC: AARP Public Policy Institute.www.aarp.org/content/dam/aarp/research/public_policy_institute/health/2013/clinical-preventive-services-and-prevalence-of-health-risks-AARP-ppi-health.pdf.Published 2013. Accessed June 6, 2018.
- Inequalities in the uptake of weight management interventions in a pragmatic trial: an observational study in primary care.Br J Gen Pract. 2016; 66: e258-e263
- Primary care physicians’ utilization of type 2 diabetes screening guidelines and referrals to behavioral interventions: a survey-linked retrospective study.BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2017; 5e000406.
- Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2018; Medicare Shared Savings Program Requirements; and Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2017; 82: 52976-53371www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2017-11-15/pdf/2017-23953.pdfDate accessed: March 24, 2018
CDC. New AMA, CDC Initiative Aims to “Prevent Diabetes STAT.” Atlanta, GA: CDC. www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2015/p0311-diabetes-stat.html.Published March 2015. Accessed June 5, 2018.
- Reach and effectiveness of the National Diabetes Prevention Program for young women.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 53: 714-718