- Patnode CD
- O'Connor E
- Rowland M
- Burda BU
- Perdue LA
- Whitlock EP
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Primary care behavioral interventions to prevent or reduce illicit drug use and nonmedical pharmaceutical use in children and adolescents: a systematic evidence review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.Ann Intern Med. 2014; 160: 612-620
- Increases in drug and opioid-involved overdose deaths—United States, 2010–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1445-1452
- Vital signs: trends in state suicide rates—United States, 1999–2016 and circumstances contributing to suicide—27 states, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 617-624
- Opioid crisis: no easy fix to its social and economic determinants.Am J Public Health. 2018; 108: 182-186
- Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General's Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health.HHS, Washington, DC2016
- Primary health care: potential home for family-focused preventive interventions.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: S106-S118
Counts NZ, Halfon N, Kelleher KJ, et al. Redesigning provider payments to reduce long-term costs by promoting healthy development. NAM Perspectives. Published April 20, 2018. https://doi.org/10.31478/201804b.
Benefit-Cost Results. Washington State Institute for Public Policy. www.wsipp.wa.gov/BenefitCost. Published December 2017. Accessed October 10, 2018.
- A component-centered meta-analysis of family-based prevention programs for adolescent substance use.Clin Psychol Rev. 2016; 45: 72-80
- A dynamic cascade model of the development of substance-use onset.Monogr Soc Res Child Devent. 2009; 74: vii-119
- Worldwide application of prevention science in adolescent health.Lancet. 2012; 379: 1653-1664
- Promotion as prevention: positive youth development as protective against tobacco, alcohol, illicit drug, and sex initiation.Appl Dev Sci. 2010; 14: 197-211
The Blueprints for Healthy Youth Development. University of Colorado Boulder. www.blueprintsprograms.com/search-results. Accessed June 6, 2018.