Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention. Veteran Suicide Data Report, 2005–2016. www.mentalhealth.va.gov/docs/data-sheets/OMHSP_National_Suicide_Data_Report_2005-2016_508.pdf. Published September 2018. Accessed December 6, 2018.
- Mental disorder comorbidity and suicide among 2.96million men receiving care in the Veterans Health Administration health system.J Abnorm Psychol. 2013; 122: 256-263
- Meta-analysis of sleep disturbance and suicidal thoughts and behaviors.J Clin Psychiatry. 2012; 73: e1160-e1167
- Suicide among male Veterans: a prospective population-based study.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2007; 61: 619-624
- Firearm suicide among Veterans in the general population: findings from the National Violent Death Reporting System.J Trauma. 2009; 67: 503-507
- Datapoints: self-inflicted deaths among women with U.S. military service: a hidden epidemic?.Psychiatr Serv. 2010; 61: 1177
- National Violent Death Reporting System (NVDRS) coding manual revised. National Center for Injury Prevention, CDC.www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/NVDRS-WebCodingManual.pdf(Published)Date: 2016Date accessed: December 6, 2018
- The effects of misclassification biases on Veteran suicide rate estimates.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: 151-155
- Marginal mean weighting through stratification: a generalized method for evaluating multivalued and multiple treatments with nonexperimental data.Psychol Methods. 2012; 17: 44-60
- On the adaptive control of the false discovery rate in multiple testing with independent statistics.J Educ Behav Stat. 2000; 25: 60-83
- Health and health behavior differences: U.S. military, veteran, and civilian men.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 43: 483-489
- Why People Die by Suicide.Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA2005
- The U.S. gun stock: results from the 2004 National Firearms Survey.Inj Prev. 2007; 13: 15-19
- Household firearmownership and rates of suicide across the 50 United States.J Trauma. 2007; 62: 1029-1034
- Suicide prevention strategies revisited: 10-year systematic review.Lancet Psychiatry. 2016; 3: 646-659