Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Preventing nosocomial influenza by improving the vaccine acceptance rate of clinicians.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2004; 25: 923-928
- Effect of influenza vaccination of health care personnel on morbidity and mortality among patients: systematic review and grading of evidence.Clin Infect Dis. 2014; 58: 50-57
- Recommendations of the Immunization Practices Advisory Committee (ACIP) prevention and control of influenza.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1986; 35 (331): 317-326
- Immunization of health-care personnel: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).MMWR Recomm Rep. 2011; 60: 1-45
- Hospital-acquired influenza: a synthesis using the Outbreak Reports and Intervention Studies of Nosocomial Infection (ORION) statement.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 71: 1-14
- Disruption of services in an internal medicine unit due to a nosocomial influenza outbreak.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: 615-619
- Influenza vaccination coverage among health care personnel—United States, 2015–16 influenza season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1026-1031
HHS. Healthy People 2020. Immunization and infectious diseases. www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/objectiveslist.aspx?topicId=23. Accessed April 18, 2018.
- A qualitative analysis of the impact of healthcare personnel influenza vaccination requirements in California.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 3082-3087
- Evaluation of the impact of the 2012 Rhode Island health care worker influenza vaccination regulations: implementation process and vaccination coverage.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015; 21: E1-E9
- A trans-disciplinary approach to public health law: the emerging practice of legal epidemiology.Annu Rev Public Health. 2016; 37: 135-148
Wagenaar AC, Burris S, eds. Public Health Law Research: Theory and Methods. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass; 2013.
- Assessing state immunization requirements for healthcare workers and patients.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 459-465
National Quality Forum. Quality Positioning System. Influenza vaccination coverage among healthcare personnel. www.qualityforum.org/QPS/0431. Accessed April 18, 2018.
- Evaluating a standardized measure of healthcare personnel influenza vaccination.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 45: 297-303
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Healthcare Safety Network. Healthcare personnel vaccination module: influenza vaccination summary. www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/hps-manual/vaccination/hps-flu-vaccine-protocol.pdf. Published November 2017. Accessed April 18, 2018.
Community Preventive Services Task Force. About the Community Guide. Atlanta, GA: CDC. www.thecommunityguide.org/about/about-community-guide. Updated October 19, 2017. Accessed August 8, 2018.
Community Preventive Services Task Force. Increasing appropriate vaccination. Atlanta, GA: CDC. www.thecommunityguide.org/topic/vaccination. Published 2016. Accessed April 18, 2018.
- Reliability and validity of a standardized measure of influenza vaccination coverage among healthcare personnel.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 335-345
- Mandatory influenza vaccination of healthcare workers: a 5-year study.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: 881-888
- Mandatory influenza vaccination of health care workers: translating policy to practice.Clin Infect Dis. 2010; 50: 459-464
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Public Health Law Program. Menu of state hospital influenza vaccination laws. www.cdc.gov/phlp/docs/menu-shfluvacclaws.pdf. Published 2017. Accessed April 17, 2018.
- Fast facts on U.S. hospitals.2018www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitalsDate accessed: August 7, 2018
- Hospital policies, state laws, and healthcare worker influenza vaccination rates.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 854-857
- Association of state laws and healthcare workers’ influenza vaccination rates.J Natl Med Assoc. 2016; 108: 99-102
- New infection control requirement for offering influenza vaccination to staff and licensed independent practitioners.Jt Comm Perspect. 2006; 26: 10-11
- Measurement of influenza vaccination coverage among healthcare personnel in U.S. hospitals.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009; 30: 1150-1157
Community Preventive Services Task Force. Promoting worksite health. Atlanta, GA: CDC. www.thecommunityguide.org/topic/worksite-health. Published 2008. Accessed April 18, 2018.