Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Economic News Release: American Time Use Survey −2016 Results.2016 (Published 2016)
Onufrak SJ, Zaganjor H, Pan L, et al. Foods and beverages obtained at worksites in the United States. J Acad Nutr Diet. In press. Online January 22, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2018.11.011.
- Obesity trends by industry of employment in the United States, 2004 to 2011.BMC Obes. 2016; 3: 20
- Worker Health Charts: Health Behavior Charts, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), 2013–2015.2018wwwn.cdc.gov/Niosh-whc/chart/brfss-behavior/behavior?OU=BMI5_30&T=I&V=R2(Published)Date accessed: December 19, 2018
- The association between employee obesity and employer costs: evidence from a panel of U.S. employers.Am J Health Promot. 2014; 28: 277-285
- Productivity loss due to overweight and obesity: a systematic review of indirect costs.BMJ Open. 2017; 7e014632
- Association between dietary factors and mortality from heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes in the United States.JAMA. 2017; 317: 912-924
- Association of changes in diet quality with total and cause-specific mortality.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 143-153
- A 2-phase labeling and choice architecture intervention to improve healthy food and beverage choices.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: 527-533
- Traffic-light labels and choice architecture: promoting healthy food choices.Am J Prev Med. 2014; 46: 143-149
- Choice architecture to promote fruit and vegetable purchases by families participating in the Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): randomized corner store pilot study.Public Health Nutr. 2017; 20: 1297-1305
- Worksite food and physical activity environments and wellness supports reported by employed adults in the United States, 2013.Am J Health Promot. 2018; 32: 96-105
- The medical care costs of obesity: an instrumental variables approach.J Health Econ. 2012; 31: 219-230
- Design of ChooseWell 365: randomized controlled trial of an automated, personalized worksite intervention to promote healthy food choices and prevent weight gain.Contemp Clin Trials. 2018; 75: 78-86
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010.7th Edition. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2010
- 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.8th Edition. U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2015 (2015)
- International Physical Activity Questionnaire: 12-country reliability and validity.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003; 35: 1381-1395
- The International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ): a study of concurrent and construct validity.Public Health Nutr. 2007; 9: 755-762
- ASA24 automated self-administered 24 hour dietary assessment tool.2018https://epi.grants.cancer.gov/asa24/(Published)Date accessed: November 30, 2018
- Dietary intake measured from a self-administered, online 24-hour recall system compared with 4-day diet records in an adult U.S. population.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 1642-1647
- The Automated Self-Administered 24-hour dietary recall (ASA24): a resource for researchers, clinicians, and educators from the National Cancer Institute.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2012; 112: 1134-1137
- Update of the Healthy Eating Index: HEI-2015.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1591-1602
- A population's distribution of Healthy Eating Index-2005 component scores can be estimated when more than one 24-hour recall is available.J Nutr. 2010; 140: 1529-1534
- Evaluation of the Healthy Eating Index-2015.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2018; 118: 1622-1633
U.S. National Center for Health Statistics. What we eat in America/National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2013-2014: Healthy Eating Index-2015. www.cnpp.usda.gov/healthyeatingindex. Published 2018.
- Alternative dietary indices both strongly predict risk of chronic disease.J Nutr. 2012; 142: 1009-1018
Economic News Release: American Time Use Survey 2016 Results. [press release]. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/atus_06272017.pdf. Published June 27, 2017. Accessed March 5, 2019.
- Food choices of minority and low-income employees: a cafeteria intervention.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 43: 240-248
- Workplace wellness programs can generate savings.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 304-311
- Beyond ROI: using value of investment to measure employee health and wellness.Popul Health Manag. 2016; 19: 227-229
- Placing workplace wellness in proper context: value beyond money.Prev Chronic Dis. 2014; 11: 140128
- Employers See Wellness Link to Productivity, Performance.Society for Human Resource Management, 2015www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/benefits/pages/wellness-productivity-link-.aspx(Published)Date accessed: February 5, 2019
- Employee benefits: the evolution of benefits.2018www.shrm.org/hr-today/trends-and-forecasting/research-and-surveys/pages/2018-employee-benefits.aspx(Published)Date accessed: February 6, 2019