Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General.HHS, CDC, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2014
- Quitting smoking among adults—United States, 2000–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 65: 1457‒1464
- Research Report Series: Is Nicotine Addictive?.NIH, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Bethesda, MD2018www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/tobacco-nicotine-e-cigarettes/nicotine-addictiveDate accessed: December 27, 2018
- Establishing a nicotine threshold for addiction: the implications for tobacco regulation.N Engl J Med. 1994; 331: 123‒125
- Reduced nicotine product standards for combustible tobacco: building an empirical basis for effective regulation.Prev Med. 2014; 68: 17‒22
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA's Comprehensive Plan for Tobacco and Nicotine Regulation. Silver Spring, MD: U.S. Food and Drug Administration. www.fda.gov/tobacco-products/ctp-newsroom/fdas-comprehensive-plan-tobacco-and-nicotine-regulation. Accessed September 24, 2018.
- The Social Contagion Model: exploring the role of public opinion on the diffusion of antismoking legislation across the American states.J Pol. 2012; 74: 187‒202
- Public support for mandated nicotine reduction in cigarettes.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 562‒567
- Public attitudes regarding banning of cigarettes and regulation of nicotine.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: e1‒e2
- Attitudes towards potential new tobacco control regulations among U.S. adults.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018; 15: 72
- Demographic differences in support for smoking policy interventions.Addict Behav. 2007; 32: 148-157
- U.S. adults’ addiction and harm beliefs about nicotine and low nicotine cigarettes.Prev Med. 2016; 96: 94‒100
- Potential public health effects of reducing nicotine levels in cigarettes in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 1725-1733
- Awareness and ever use of electronic cigarettes among U.S. adults, 2010–2011.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 1623-1627