Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Rising morbidity and mortality in midlife among white non-Hispanic Americans in the 21st century.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2015; 112: 15078-15083
- Vital Signs: overdoses of prescription opioid pain relievers – United States, 1999‒2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1487-1492
- Federal response to the opioid crisis.Curr HIV AIDS Rep. 2018; 15: 293-301
- Risks for opioid abuse and dependence among recipients of chronic opioid therapy: results from the TROUP study.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2010; 112: 90-98
- Does early onset of non-medical use of prescription drugs predict subsequent prescription drug abuse and dependence? Results from a national study.Addiction. 2007; 102: 1920-1930
- Trends and college-level characteristics associated with the non-medical use of prescription drugs among U.S. college students from 1993 to 2001.Addiction. 2007; 102: 455-465
- Past-year prevalence of prescription opioid misuse among those 11 to 30 years of age in the United States: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Subst Abus Treat. 2017; 77: 31-37
- Adolescent context of exposure to prescription opioids and substance use disorder symptoms at age 35: a national longitudinal study.Pain. 2016; 157: 2173-2178
- Nonmedical opioid use and heroin use in a nationally representative sample of U.S. high school seniors.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016; 158: 132-138
- Nonmedical prescription opioid use in childhood and early adolescence predicts transitions to heroin use in young adulthood: a national study.J Pediatr. 2015; 167 (605‒612.e2)
- Methodology of the youth risk behavior surveillance system−2013.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2013; 62: 1-23
- Reliability of the 1999 Youth Risk Behavior Survey questionnaire.J Adolesc Health. 2002; 31: 336-342
- Opioid abuse and depression in adolescents: results from the National Survey on Drug use and Health.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2015; 152: 131-138
- High-intensity drinking and nonmedical use of prescription drugs: results from a national survey of 12th grade students.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017; 178: 372-379
- Problem Behavior and Psychosocial Development: A Longitudinal Study of Youth.Academic Press, New York, NY1977
- Substance use, abuse, and dependence and other risk taking behaviors.in: Carey WB Crocker AC Feldman HM Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics. 4th edition. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2009
- Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults: the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study.Am J Prev Med. 1998; 14: 245-258
- Systematic review of universal school-based ‘resilience’ interventions targeting adolescent tobacco, alcohol or illicit substance use: a meta-analysis.Prev Med. 2017; 100: 248-268
Stone D, Holland K, Bartholow B, et al. Preventing suicide: a technical package of policy, programs, and practices. www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/suicideTechnicalPackage.pdf. Accessed August 24, 2018.
- Evidence-based interventions for preventing substance use disorders in adolescents.Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2010; 19: 505-526
- Youth risk behavior surveillance — United States, 2017.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2018; 67: 1-114
Johnston LD, Miech RA, O'Malley PM, et al. Monitoring the Future national survey results on drug use, 1975-2017: Overview, key findings on adolescent drug use. https://doi.org/10.3998/2027.42/148123.
- Source of the last pain reliever that was misused.Published 2016www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-FFR1-2016/NSDUH-FFR1-2016.htm#opioid6Date accessed: June 1, 2018
- Persistent opioid use among pediatric patients after surgery.Pediatrics. 2018; 141e20172439