Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Notes from the field: use of electronic cigarettes and any tobacco product among middle and high school students‒United States, 2011‒2018.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 1276-1277
- E-Cigarette Use Among Youth and Young Adults: a Report of the Surgeon General.HHS, CDC, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2016
- Surgeon General's Advisory on E-Cigarette Use Among Youth.Published 2018https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/documents/surgeon-generals-advisory-on-e-cigarette-use-among-youth-2018.pdfDate accessed: January 25, 2019
- Electronic cigarette sales in the United States, 2013–2017.JAMA. 2018; 320: 1379-1380
- Nielsen: Tobacco “All Channel Data” Through 12/29.Wells Fargo Securities, San Francisco, CA2019
Jackler RK, Ramamurthi D. Nicotine arms race: JUUL and the high-nicotine product market. Tob Control. In press. Online February 6, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2018-054796.
Vallone DM, Bennett M, Xiao H, Pitzer L, Hair EC. Prevalence and correlates of JUUL use among a national sample of youth and young adults. Tob Control. In press. Online October 29, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2018-054693.
- Vaping versus JUULing: how the extraordinary growth and marketing of JUUL transformed the U.S. retail e-cigarette market.Tob Control. 2019; 28: 146-151
- On the popularity of the USB flash drive-shaped electronic cigarette Juul.Tob Control. 2019; 28: 110-112
Ramamurthi D, Chau C, Jackler RK. JUUL and other stealth vaporisers: hiding the habit from parents and teachers. Tob Control. In press. Online September 15, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2018-054455.
- Youth who use e-cigarettes regularly: a qualitative study of behavior, attitudes, and familial norms.Prev Med Rep. 2018; 13: 93-97
- A social contextual analysis of youth cigarette smoking development.Nicotine Tob Res. 2010; 12: 950-962
- Psychosocial factors related to adolescent smoking: a critical review of the literature.Tob Control. 1998; 7: 409-420
- Recognition, use and perceptions of JUUL among youth and young adults.Tob Control. 2019; 28: 115-116
- Parents of urban adolescents in Harlem, New York, and the Internet: a cross-sectional survey on preferred resources for health information.J Med Internet Res. 2004; 6: e43
- The Juul curriculum is not the jewel of tobacco prevention education.J Adolesc Health. 2018; 63: 527-528
- Avoiding “truth”: tobacco industry promotion of life skills training.J Adolesc Health. 2006; 39: 868-879
- Parental underestimates of adolescent risk behavior: a randomized, controlled trial of a parental monitoring intervention.J Adolesc Health. 2000; 26: 18-26
- Use and perceived risk of electronic cigarettes among North Carolina middle and high school students.N C Med J. 2017; 78: 7-13
- Initiation of traditional cigarette smoking after electronic cigarette use among tobacco-naive U.S. young adults.Am J Med. 2018; 131: 443.e1-443.e9