Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Final recommendation statement: tobacco smoking cessation in adults, including pregnant women: behavioral and pharmacotherapy interventions. www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Page/Document/RecommendationStatementFinal/tobacco-use-in-adults-and-pregnant-women-counseling-and-interventions1. Published 2017. Accessed September 14, 2018.
- Public Health Consequences of e-Cigarettes.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2018
- Design and methods of the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) study.Tob Control. 2017; 26: 371‒378
- Effect of smoking abstinence and reduction in asthmatic smokers switching to electronic cigarettes: evidence for harm reversal.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2014; 11: 4965‒4977
- Persisting long term benefits of smoking abstinence and reduction in asthmatic smokers who have switched to electronic cigarettes.Discov Med. 2016; 21: 99‒108
- Evidence for harm reduction in COPD smokers who switch to electronic cigarettes.Respir Res. 2016; 17: 166
- Electronic cigarette use in US adults at risk for or with COPD: analysis from two observational cohorts.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 1315‒1322
- Increased cardiac sympathetic activity and oxidative stress in habitual electronic cigarette users: implications for cardiovascular risk.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 278‒284
- Changes in electronic cigarette use among adults in the United States, 2014‒2016.JAMA. 2018; 319: 2039‒2041
- Use of electronic cigarettes among U.S. adults with medical comorbidities.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 52: 798‒804
- Smoking cessation efforts by US adult smokers with medical comorbidities.Am J Med. 2018; 131 (318.e1‒318.e8)
- E-cigarette versus nicotine inhaler: comparing the perceptions and experiences of inhaled nicotine devices.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 29: 1444‒1450
- Electronic cigarette use among patients with cancer: reasons for use, beliefs, and patient-provider communication.Psychooncology. 2018; 27: 1757‒1764
- Patterns of and reasons for electronic cigarette use in primary care patients.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 1122‒1129
- E-cigarettes and smoking cessation in real-world and clinical settings: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Respir Med. 2016; 4: 116‒128
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems and/or electronic non-nicotine delivery systems for tobacco smoking cessation or reduction: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2017; 7e012680
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; 9Cd010216
- Electronic cigarette use among patients with cancer: characteristics of electronic cigarette users and their smoking cessation outcomes.Cancer. 2014; 120: 3527‒3535
- Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study [United States] Public-Use Files (ICPSR 36498).Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), 2017
- (TTURC) Tobacco Dependence, TB Baker, ME Piper et al. Time to first cigarette in the morning as an index of ability to quit smoking: implications for nicotine dependence.Nicotine Tob Res. 2007; 9: S555‒S570
- Understanding the potential of teachable moments: the case of smoking cessation.Health Educ Res. 2003; 18: 156‒170
- E-cigarette use and associated changes in population smoking cessation: evidence from US current population surveys.BMJ. 2017; 358: j3262
- The relationship of e-cigarette use to cigarette quit attempts and cessation: insights from a large, nationally representative U.S. survey.Nicotine Tob Res. 2018; 20: 931‒939
- Electronic cigarette use and cigarette abstinence over two years among U.S. smokers in the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health study.Nicotine Tob Res. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntz114
- Associations between e-cigarette type, frequency of use, and quitting smoking: findings from a longitudinal online panel survey in Great Britain.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 17: 1187‒1194
- Balancing the benefits and harms of e-cigarettes: a National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine report.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 168: 666‒667
- How to think—not feel—about tobacco harm reduction.Nicotine Tob Res. 2019; 21: 1299‒1309
American Cancer Society position statement on electronic cigarettes.www.cancer.org/healthy/stay-away-from-tobacco/e-cigarette-position-statement.html. Published 2018. Accessed September 14, 2018.