Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The patient-centered medical home: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 169‒178
- The patient-centered medical home: a review of recent research.Med Care Res Rev. 2012; 69: 619‒644
- Care coordination management in patient-centered medical home: analysis of the 2015 Medical Organizations Survey.J Gen Intern Med. 2018; 33: 1004‒1006
Nielsen M, Buelt L, Patel K, Nichols LM, Milbank Memorial Fund. The patient-centered medical home's impact on cost and quality. Washington, DC.https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.mpca.net/resource/resmgr/eUpdate/PCPCC-PCMH-evidence-report-F.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed August 23, 2019.
- Economic burden of cancer survivorship among adults in the United States.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 3749‒3757
American Cancer Society. Cancer facts & Figures 2018. Atlanta, GA.www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/research/cancer-facts-and-statistics/annual-cancer-facts-and-figures/2018/cancer-facts-and-figures-2018.pdf. Published 2018.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Ten leading causes of death and injury. www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/LeadingCauses.html. Published 2019. Accessed March 1, 2019.
- Screening for breast cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2016; 164: 279‒296
- Screening for colorectal cancer: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.JAMA. 2016; 315: 2564‒2575
- Promoting prevention through the Affordable Care Act.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1296‒1299
- Up-to-date on preventive care services under Affordable Care Act: a trend analysis from MEPS 2007‒2014.Med Care. 2017; 55: 771‒780
- Promoting cancer screening within the patient centered medical home.CA Cancer J Clin. 2011; 61: 397‒408
- How to increase colorectal cancer screening rates in practice.CA Cancer J Clin. 2007; 57: 354‒366
- Distrust in health care and cultural factors are associated with uptake of colorectal cancer screening in Hispanic and Asian Americans.Cancer. 2018; 124: 335‒345
- The relationship between continuity of care and trust with stage of cancer at diagnosis.Fam Med. 2004; 36 (https://fammedarchives.blob.core.windows.net/imagesandpdfs/fmhub/fm2004/January/Arch35.pdf. Accessed January 20, 2019): 35‒39
- Colorectal cancer screening rates increased after exposure to the patient-centered medical home (PCMH).J Am Board Fam Med. 2016; 29: 191‒200
- Preventive service gains from first contact access in the primary care home.J Am Board Fam Med. 2011; 24: 351‒359
- Effect of patient-centered medical home on preventive services for adolescents and young adults.Pediatrics. 2016; 137e20153813
- Medical home transformation and breast cancer screening.Am J Manag Care. 2016; 22 (https://www.ajmc.com/journals/issue/2016/2016-vol22-n11/medical-home-transformation-and-breast-cancer-screening. Accessed January 20, 2019): e382‒e388
- Effects of a medical home and shared savings intervention on quality and utilization of care.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1362‒1368
Agency for Health care Research and Quality. MEPS HC-187: 2016 Full Year Medical Organizations Survey File. https://meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/data_stats/download_data_files_detail.jsp?cboPufNumber=HC-187. Published 2018. Accessed January 25, 2019.
Agency for Health care Research and Quality. MEPS HC-192: 2016 Full Year Consolidated Data File. https://meps.ahrq.gov/data_stats/download_data/pufs/h192/h192doc.shtml. Published 2018. Accessed September 28, 2018.
- Estimation of benefits, burden, and harms of colorectal cancer screening strategies: modeling study for the US Preventive Services Task Force.JAMA. 2016; 315: 2595‒2609
- Impact of provider participation in ACO programs on preventive care services, patient experiences, and health care expenditures in US adults aged 18–64.Med Care. 2018; 56: 711‒718
- Implementation of a linked medical organization survey in the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey.J Econ Soc Meas. 2017; 41: 417‒432
- Practical considerations on the use of the Charlson comorbidity index with administrative data bases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 1429‒1433
Agency for Health care Research and Quality. MEPS topic-priority condition. https://meps.ahrq.gov/data_stats/MEPS_topics.jsp. Published 2009. Accessed October 15, 2018.
- Quality of care delivered by general internists in US hospitals who graduated from foreign versus US medical schools: observational study.BMJ. 2017; 356: j273
- Patient-centered medical home implementation and use of preventive services: the role of practice socioeconomic context.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 598‒606
SAS Institute Inc. SAS/STAT(R) 9.2 User's Guide, Second Edition.https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/statug/63033/HTML/default/viewer.htm#statug_introsamp_sect002.htm. Published 2019. Accessed March 18, 2019.
- Searching for the value of accountable care organizations in cancer care.Cancer. 2018; 124: 4287‒4289
- Effects of Affordable Care Act marketplaces and Medicaid eligibility expansion on access to cancer care.Cancer J. 2017; 23: 168‒174
National Cancer Institute. Online summary of trends in US cancer control measures: colorectal cancer screening.https://progressreport.cancer.gov/detection/colorectal_cancer. Published 2019. Accessed May 25, 2019.
- Communication among team members within the patient-centered medical home and patient satisfaction with providers: the mediating role of patient-provider communication.Med Care. 2018; 56: 491‒496
National Committee for Quality Assurance. NCQA PCMH redesign: overview.www.ncqa.org/programs/health-care-providers-practices/patient-centered-medical-home-pcmh/. Published 2019. Accessed January 22, 2019.
- Principles of the patient-centered medical home and preventive services delivery.Ann Fam Med. 2010; 8: 108‒116
National Committee for Quality Assurance. Standards and guidelines for NCQA's Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).www.acofp.org/acofpimis/Acofporg/Apps/2014_PCMH_Finals/Tools/1_PCMH_Recognition_2014_Front_Matter.pdf. Published 2014. Accessed January 5, 2018.
- A simple approach to shared decision making in cancer screening.Fam Pract Manag. 2017; 24 (https://www.aafp.org/fpm/2017/0500/p5.html. Accessed December 11, 2018): 5‒10
- Medicare accountable care organization enrollment and appropriateness of cancer screening.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 648‒654
- Cancer screening rates in individuals with different life expectancies.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 1558‒1565
American College of Physicians. Understanding PCMH: what is the patient-centered medical home?www.acponline.org/practice-resources/business-resources/payment/delivery-and-payment-models/patient-centered-medical-home/understanding-the-patient-centered-medical-home/what-is-the-patient-centered-medical-home. Published 2019. Accessed December 5, 2018.
- Validity of self-reported colorectal cancer screening behavior.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2000; 9 (https://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/9/2/229. Accessed December 7, 2018): 229‒232
- Accuracy of self-reported cervical and breast cancer screening by women with intellectual disability.Am J Intellect Dev Disabil. 2013; 118: 327‒336
- Population colorectal cancer screening estimates: comparing self-report to electronic health record data in California.Int J Canc Prev. 2011; 4 (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21857818): 28540
- Accuracy of self-reported cancer-screening histories: a meta-analysis.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008; 17: 748‒757