Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- How common is sexual misconduct in Hollywood?.USA Today, Published February 20, 2018www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/20/how-common-sexual-misconduct-hollywood/1083964001/Date accessed: March 26, 2018
- Sexual misconduct goes far beyond Harvey Weinstein and Hollywood. How do we make it go away for good?.Los Angeles Times, Published October 26, 2017www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-sexual-harassment-pervasive-20171025-story.htmlDate accessed: May 1, 2018
- The women who created #metoo long before hashtags.The New York Times, Published October 20, 2017www.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/us/me-too-movement-tarana-burke.htmlDate accessed: March 19, 2018
Bloomgarden K. How sexual harassment in Hollywood sparked a workplace revolution. World Economic Forum.www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/how-sexual-harassment-in-hollywood-sparked-a-workplace-revolution/. Published January 16, 2018. Accessed 30 April 2018.
- The #MeToo movement: an opportunity in public health?.Lancet. 2018; 391: 2587-2589
- Sexual Harassment of Working Women: A Case of Sex Discrimination.Yale University Press, New Haven, CT1979
- Sexual Violence Surveillance: Uniform Definitions and Recommended Data Elements, Version 2.0.National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GAPublished 2014www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/sv_surveillance_definitionsl-2009-a.pdfDate accessed: September 30, 2019
- Examining the job-related, psychological, and physical outcomes of workplace sexual harassment: a meta-analytic review.Psychol Women Q. 2008; 32: 362-376
- Workplace sexual harassment 30 years on: a review of the literature.Int J Manag Rev. 2012; 14: 1-17
- A meta-analysis of the antecedents and consequences of workplace sexual harassment.Pers Psychol. 2007; 60: 127-162
- Workplace violence against adolescent workers in the US.Am J Ind Med. 2008; 51: 539-544
Stop Street Harassment. The Facts behind the #metoo Movement: A National Study on Sexual Harassment and Assault.www.stopstreetharassment.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Full-Report-2018-National-Study-on-Sexual-Harassment-and-Assault.pdf. Published 2018. Accessed March 1, 2018.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Sexual harassment. www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/sexual_harassment.cfm. Accessed September 30, 2019.
Guidelines on discrimination because of sex. Fed Regist. 1980;45:74676–74677. Codified at 29 CFR §1604.11.
- Adolescents at work: gender issues and sexual harassment.Violence Against Women. 2002; 8: 953-967
- Adolescent workers’ experiences of and training for workplace violence.Workplace Health Saf. 2015; 63: 297-307
- Sexual harassment: have we made any progress?.J Occup Health Psychol. 2017; 22: 286-298
Society for Human Resource Management. Harassment-free workplace series: the executive view.www.shrm.org/hr-today/trends-and-forecasting/research-and-surveys/Pages/Workplace-Sexual-Harassment.aspx. Updated October 4, 2018. Accessed October 4, 2018.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Charges alleging sex-based harassment (charges filed with EEOC) FY 2010-FY 2018. www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics/enforcement/sexual_harassment_new.cfm. Published 2018. Accessed April 30, 2018.
- Behind closed doors: in-home workers’ experience of sexual harassment and workplace violence.J Occup Health Psychol. 2001; 6: 255-269
- A snapshot of sex discrimination in employment: disputes and understandings.in: Charlesworth S Douglas K Fastenau M Cartwright S Women and Work 2005: Current RMIT University Research. RMIT Publishing, Melbourne, Australia2006: 81-98
- Sexual harassment in the armed forces: a test of an integrated model.Mil Psychol. 1999; 11: 329-343
Hayes P. Taking it seriously: contemporary experiences of sexual harassment in the workplace.www.academia.edu/5332640/Taking_It_Seriously_Contemporary_Experiences_of_Sexual_Harassment_in_the_Workplace_WASH_Working_Against_Sexual_Harassment. Published 2004. Accessed February 27, 2018.
- Sexual harassment research: a methodological critique.Pers Psychol. 1995; 48: 841-864
- Assessing employee turnover costs: a revised approach.Hum Resour Manag Rev. 1996; 6: 113-122
- Comparing victim attributions and outcomes for workplace aggression and sexual harassment.J Appl Psychol. 2010; 95: 874-888
- Harmful workplace experiences and women's occupational well-being: a meta-analysis.Psychol Women Q. 2016; 40: 10-40
- Sexual harassment, workplace authority, and the paradox of power.Am Sociol Rev. 2012; 77: 625-647
- Sex differences in outcomes and harasser characteristics associated with frightening sexual harassment appraisals.J Occup Health Psychol. 2014; 19: 133-142
U.S. Merit: Systems Protection Board. Sexual Harassment in the Federal Workplace: Trends, Progress, Continuing Challenges.www.mspb.gov/MSPBSEARCH/viewdocs.aspx?docnumber=253661&version=253948&application=ACROBAT. Published 1995. Accessed February 27, 2018.
American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR). Standard Definitions: Final Dispositions of Case Codes and Outcome Rates for Surveys. 7th ed. https://wapor.org/wp-content/uploads/StandardDefinitions2011.pdf. Published 2011. Accessed August 21, 2018.
- The national intimate partner and sexual violence survey (NISVS): 2010–2012 state report.National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GAPublished 2017www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/NISVS-StateReportBook.pdfDate accessed: September 30, 2019
- Sexual harassment in organizational context.Work Occup. 2008; 35: 262-295
- STOP SV: a Technical Package to Prevent Sexual Violence.National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2016
- The impact of male work environments and organizational policies on women's experiences of sexual harassment.Gend Soc. 1998; 12: 301-320
- Income and Poverty in the United States: 2015 (Report Number P60-256).U.S. Census Bureau, Washington, DCPublished 2016www.census.gov/library/publications/2016/demo/p60-256.htmlDate accessed: September 30, 2019
- Not just the rich and famous: the pervasiveness of sexual harassment across industries affects all workers.Center for American Progress, Published 2017www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/news/2017/11/20/443139/not-just-rich-famous/Date accessed: May 1, 2018
Hart Research Associates. Key findings from a survey of women fast food workers. https://hartresearch.com/fast-food-worker-harassment-survey-findings. Published 2016. Accessed April 30, 2018.
- Evaluation of the Green Dot bystander intervention to reduce interpersonal violence among college students across three campuses.Violence Against Women. 2015; 21: 1507-1527
- Sexual harassment against men: examining the roles of feminist activism, sexuality, and organizational context.Psychol Men Masc. 2016; 17: 17-29
- Assessing sexual harassment among Latinas: development of an instrument.Cult Divers Ethn Minor Psychol. 2001; 7: 164-181