Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Booske B, Athens J, Kindig D, Park H, Remington P. County Health Rankings Working paper. Different Perspectives for Assigning Weights to Determinants of Health. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin, Population Health Institute.www.countyhealthrankings.org/sites/default/files/differentPerspectivesForAssigningWeightsToDeterminantsOfHealth.pdf. Published 2010. Accessed November 8, 2019.
- Where health disparities begin: the role of social and economic determinants—and why current policies may make matters worse.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 1852-1859
- Housing and health: time again for public health action.Am J Public Health. 2002; 92: 758-768
- Poverty and health: focus on North Carolina.N C Med J. 2012; 73: 366-373
- Food insecurity is associated with chronic disease among low-income NHANES participants.J Nutr. 2010; 140: 304-310
Artiga S, Hinton E. Beyond health care: the role of social determinants in promoting health and health equity.https://www.kff.org/disparities-policy/issue-brief/beyond-health-care-the-role-of-social-determinants-in-promoting-health-and-health-equity/. Accessed on November 8, 2019.
- Integrating social and medical data to improve population health: opportunities and barriers.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 2116-2123
- Toward addressing social determinants of health: a health care system strategy.Perm J. 2018; 22: 18-095
- Impact of area deprivation index on coronary stent utilization in a medicare nationwide cohort.Popul Health Manag. 2017; 20: 329-334
- A comparison of the Charlson comorbidity index derived from medical record data and administrative billing data.J Clin Epidemiol. 1999; 52: 137-142
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619