Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The Health Consequences of Smoking: 50 Years of Progress. A Report of the Surgeon General.HHS, CDC, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA.2014www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK179276/Date accessed: October 28, 2019
- State and local comprehensive smoke-free laws for worksites, restaurants, and bars—United States, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 623-626
- Left behind in the smoke: how exemptions in California's Smokefree Workplace Act impact health inequities.2014www.changelabsolutions.org/sites/default/files/Left_Behind_in_the_Smoke_CA-Smokefree-Workplace-Act_FINAL_20140730-2015-day-care-note-revision.pdf(Published)Date accessed: May 27, 2019
- Exposure to secondhand smoke among nonsmokers—United States, 1988–2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 1342-1346
- State Tobacco Activities Tracking and Evaluation (STATE) System.CDC, Atlanta, GA2019www.cdc.gov/statesystem(Updated)Date accessed: September 1, 2019
- Changes in self-reported smokefree workplace policy coverage among employed adults—United States, 2003 and 2010–2011.Nicotine Tob Res. 2018; 20: 1327-1335
American Nonsmokers Rights’ Foundation. What is preemption?https://no-smoke.org/smokefree-threats/preemption/. Accessed September 1, 2019.
- Tobacco laws affecting California.2018PublishedAccessed May 27, 2019)
- U.S. 100% smokefree laws in non-hospitality workplaces and restaurants and bars.American Nonsmokers’ Rights Foundation, California2019 (http://no-smoke.org/wp-content/uploads/pdf/WRBLawsMap.pdf. Published April 1, 2019. Accessed May 27, 2019)
- Comprehensive outdoor secondhand smoke ordinances.2019https://center4tobaccopolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Table-of-Comprehensive-Outdoor-Secondhand-Smoke-Ordinances-2019-02-27.pdf(PublishedAccessed May 27, 2019)
Assembly Bill No. 1819, State of California, Sects. 1596.795 & 6404.5; 2014. http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140AB1819. Accessed May 27, 2019.
California labor code, State of California, Sec. 6404. 5; 2016.https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=LAB§ionNum=6404.5. Accessed May 27, 2019.
Proposition, State of California, Sec. 103. Ch. 27, 2016.https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB94. Accessed May 27, 2019.
- Sociodemographic disparities in local smoke-free law coverage in 10 states.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: 1806-1813
- AskCHIS neighborhood edition. Current smoking status – adults at the jurisdiction level.2019 (http://ask.chis.ucla.edu. Exported June 15, 2019. Accessed June 15, 2019)
- Eta squared, partial eta squared, and misreporting of effect size in communication research.Hum Commun Res. 2002; 28: 612-625
- The consequences of preemption for public health advocacy.2010PublishedAccessed May 27, 2019)
- Preemption: the biggest challenge to tobacco control.2014https://publichealthlawcenter.org/sites/default/files/resources/tclc-fs-preemption-tobacco-control-challenge-2014.pdf(PublishedAccessed May 27, 2019)
- Preemption and movement building: essentials of preemption.2010PublishedAccessed June 6, 2019)
- Changes of attitudes and patronage behaviors in response to a smoke-free bar law.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 611-617
- Reductions in tobacco smoke pollution and increases in support for smoke-free public places following the implementation of comprehensive smoke-free workplace legislation in the Republic of Ireland: findings from the ITC Ireland/UK Survey.Tob Control. 2006; 15: iii51-iii58
- One year of smokefree bars and restaurants in New Zealand: impacts and responses.BMC Public Health. 2006; 6: 64
- “Half-pregnant” occupational health policy on environmental tobacco smoke.Occup Environ Med. 2004; 61: 383-384